Chapter 90: Love???

Start from the beginning

I was ready to sigh, but stopped myself as I sensed the slightest hint of nerves coming from him.

Oh. Hm.

"Wait, is that Monoma's costume?" Kaminari asked Kendo.

I see what he means. With the tux and coattails, he does look a little bit like your stereotypical super villain.

"'Since my quirk's Copy, there's no need for anything especially eccentric,' he said."

"That's him not being eccentric?"

"On the topic of costumes..." Kendo turned her attention to me, "what happened to yours? That isn't it, is it?"

I had completely forgotten about the plain shirt and shorts I was wearing in place of my suit, so it took me a moment to realize what she was talking about. "Ohh... no, no! Not at all! They're still finishing up with the adjustments to my hero suit, and creating and practicing moves doesn't really require my costume quite yet... so I'm just wearing this at the moment." I looked down with slight distaste at my fully visible arm.

"Still, his opinion is reasonable." I raised my head at Tokoyami's statement. "As long as we're taking the same exam, it is our fate to crush each other."

"That's why Class A and Class B applied to different locations." Mr. Aizawa explained.

"The Hero Licensing Exam takes place each June and September in three different locations across the country at the same time. In order to avoid students from the same school fighting each other, all schools subscribe to the theory of splitting up their students by time or location."

Monoma let out what sounded to be a breath of relief at Vlad King's words, then returned to his usual depricative bravado. "It is unfortunate that we will not be able to fight each other directly!"

He began laughing.

Wow, um... is the stress getting to him?

"'All schools,' huh...? That's right, I didn't really think about it that much, but we'll be fighting against other schools to pass."

Like Sero, I haven't really thought about that either...

"And, in our case, we're accelerating the process of getting them..." Midoriya mused.

"In addition, there are very few first years in the country trying to get their provisional licenses. In other words... the test will have those who've trained longer than you, with quirks that you don't know about that they've polished up until now. The actual contents of the exam are unclear, but what is clear is that you all will have a hard time. It's not good to get too hung up about it, but keep that in mind."

Alright, now I'm certain that Mr. Aizawa is trying to scare us...

"Yes, sir!"

~

I sat on the floor, with some nearly finalized blueprints and some parts in my hands, as the other hurls chatted around me.

Mina flopped back on the couch, exasperation slipping into her voice. "We're working so hard every day... It's not called 'intensive training' for nothing, huh? Even so, there's less than a week before the provisional licensing exam."

"Yao-momo, how's your ultimate move coming?" Hagakure asked curiously.

"There's something I want to do, but my body can't keep up yet, so I need to develop my quirk a little more first."

"What about you, Tsu?"

"I've perfected a move even more frog-like than before. I'm sure even you'll be surprised, Toru. What about you, Ochako? Ochako?"

Uraraka let out a scream, and my head shot up.

"You seem tired," Asui remarked.

"Oh, no, I'm not tired at all. I'm just getting started! At least, that's how it's supposed to be, but... how do it put it...?"

Mina and Jiro glanced at each other, and I noticed a vaguely familiar emotion coming from Uraraka. What was it?

"Recently, my heart's been feeling all stirred up..."

"It's love!" Mina declared enthusiastically.

She flushed pink.

Love???

"Wh... what?! Glove? Shove? Dove?" She scrambled to find the right words to ward Mina off, "I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Is it Midoriya, or Iida?"

She shook her head frantically, waving her hands side to side as if that would dismiss the idea.

"You're always with them, aren'tcha?"

"No, it's not, it's not..." She activated her quirk, floating up to the ceiling.

She floated...

"Who is it? Which one? Who is it?"

"Spit it out. You'll get a lighter sentence if you confess."

"That's not it, really!" Uraraka cried, "I really don't know anything about that stuff..."

"It's not good to force an investigation, you know," Asui pointed out.

"That's right. More importantly, we have an early start tomorrow, so we should turn in."

"What?! No way! I want to hear more!" Mina cried in response to Yaoyorozu. "Even if we don't talk about anything important, I want to force it to be about romance!"

"That's..." Uraraka trailed off. I followed her eyes to see that she was looking out the window at something I couldn't see.

All of a sudden, that same emotion intensified tenfold, some much that it took me off guard, overwhelming me and making me feel oddly fuzzy.

Love... she said....

I tensed, my heart in my throat as I stood up abruptly, gathering my materials. "I think I'll be getting to bed now. Thanks for the company."

The sound of Mina protesting about how my turn had to come fell on deaf ears as I left for my room.

Third chapter in a rowwww I am on a roll!

You all know I love baiting you with these chapter titles lolololol this way you'll never see it coming!

Next chapter our... favourite character will be making a reappearance! You'll probably all change your minds.

As you all can/have probably see, this chapter is dedicated to ReapedRin for being ridiculously nice and supportive! I swear, you guys are unfairly nice to me 😖❤️❤️❤️ It means a lot to me, so thank you very very much! It makes all the time and effort beyond worth it!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Till next time, bai Marshmalløws!

-Cøcøa-Malløw

P.S. Just for fun, this is me trying force the positive side of my personality into five emojis: 😅🤪😚😏😂