Chapter 88: What is going on?

Start from the beginning

My voice echoed slightly from the speakers. My father stiffened, then began to speak.

~

Quirk: Empath

The ability to sense the emotions (and mental state, occasionally) of people around you. The farther away they are the harder and less accurate the reads are. Extreme emotional control is required with this quirk, or else breakdowns and extreme mood swings may occur (depending on the emotion of those nearby).

The downfall of this quirk is that there is an increased chance of mental illness/disorders, and a possibility to struggle with morals.

Quirk: Flashback

The ability to cause "flashbacks" in another person. You can draw up memories from within them— but only ones that they remember, if only vaguely.

The downfall of this quirk is the inability to forget, which has the possibility to lead to PTSD and a resistance to treatment.

Quirk: Fair Trade

This ability allows you to "trade" things with an "equal" value. It's exact capabilities are undetermined as it is a rather peculiar quirk which seems to twist the laws of physics. The only two solid limitations of this quirk was that contact with physical trades was required, and that the trade would not occur if what was being traded was not "equal"— but even the definition of "equal" has been found to be rather vague.

The downfalls of this quirk are unknown, but the quirk itself is rather dangerous, depending on what you try to trade. There were speculations that there is a limit to how many "unequal" trades can be attempted before a backlash transpired, but with little evidence this theory was shelved.

~

The words were coming out almost robotically, perfectly rehearsed but with an odd rhythm. "There is a good chance that her 'quirk' is volatile, but extensive experiments have confirmed that her 'quirk' is stable enough to be used safely. I know nothing of the genetic and physical medications that were done."

He hadn't stopped for questions, but he stopped now, falling silent.

The radio was taken away from me.

"Well then, Mr. (L/N)," Mr. Tsukauchi started.

But there was no response from him.

"Mr. (L/N). Mr. (L/N)?"

Nothing.

There was a crackle from his radio, and he lifted it, listening before quietly replying.

The door then carefully opened, and a couple sheets of paper were handed to Mr. Tsukauchi.

His brows furrowed as he scanned them.

What is going on?

"It appears that I've been addressing you by the wrong name— there is no alive (F/N) (L/N) in our files. But, your DNA test came back with a match: Mr. Junhiro Kukotae, quirk researcher specializing in—"

Waitwaitwait— he's not... (F/N) (L/N)?

"(L/N), I think it's best that we head back to school."

I nodded numbly.

Am I... (Y/N) Kukotae then? No... I'm in their files as (Y/N) (L/N).... So, who is he then?

Do I even want to know?

I tilted my head up, letting out a long weary breath before following All Might.

Seriously, what is going on?!

~

I sat cross-legged on my chair, turning over All Might's words as I ate my dinner.

"From now on, we'll be cutting you out of the investigation. We don't want it to affect your grades or cause any emotional distress for you. Don't worry about it too much, Young (L/N), just focus on making your ultimate moves. We'll figure things out, and you'll be informed of any big changes."

So... don't think about it.

Right. Easy.

I rolled my eyes at my food.

This is ridiculous.

But, unfortunately, that didn't change the fact that I had no choice but to try. The Hero Licensing Exams were coming up, and if I wanted to pass I'd have to think up some moves for myself. And maybe some designing of new support items for my hero suit— which probably needed an upgrade too, in light of my quirk's abilities.

Here we go.

Wooooo confusing unorganized chapterrrr!

This has definitely been something I've been waiting for— I had these quirk planned from the very beginning, and finally, you guys know of them (and the whole parents thing, but whatever)!

Maybe a couple of you noticed, but some of the things that (L/N) can do with her quirk(s) just didn't match up with the description... 

Moving on, it'd be great if you guys could help me with what sort of support items we should give you (if any)!

Feedback is definitely appreciated for this chapter!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Till next time, bai Marshmalløws!

-Cøcøa-Malløw

P.S. Random off-topic side note: I've just recently started my second semester, and there's someone in one of my classes with KAGEYAMA as their pfp, so obviouslyI changed my pfp to something Haikyuu so they know of the POSSIBLE FRIENDSHIP that could occur! Like... I'm not desperate but please be my friend! 

Am I biased if you have something Haikyuu-related as your profile picture? ...yes. 100%. Extra points if it's a classic scene or Hinata being... just Hinata.

Okay I'm done now haha. Thanks for reading ❤️