Ch. 139: Ok, Princess, are you listening?

For a brief moment, just as she woke up, Mackenzie felt like everything was alright. The bed was warm, her body exhaustedly tired like after a long night with Gareth, her privates felt glowing and sore.

Then it all came rushing back.

All of it.

Like always, she had zoned out when they used her. It was sickening to her to admit, but she was used to it. Her body and mind knew how to detach itself from what was happening, and it did so on command. For that she was thankful. At least she could trick herself into believing she was faithful to Gareth.

She had hoped she would never have to go through that again, deep down she had not believed it fully. Though she had believed in Gareth and the guys, her belief would not have been complete until King had been confirmed dead.

The only thing she was happy about was that Alyssa was spared being part of it. She was too good of a person to have her soul broken by the horrors of King and his men. It had been worth it to go with them willingly to not drag her into their violent perversions. Alyssa and Cracker deserved to not be pawns in whatever sins she was paying for.

It had been different, though.

Something had been off.

They had just used her sexually. Not hit her or grabbed her, just like King had demanded. He had seemed almost happy and caring after, which had scared her more than if he had whipped and raped her and branded her with his cigar.

The change in his routine with her was unnerving.

He had praised her in his usual derogatory way and treated her like she was some little pet. Patting her head and telling her she had done well.

Like she had had a choice!

Iri had been smugly smiling when he had been ordered to take her to her room. She had been afraid that the abuse would have continued there. He had gotten a taste of whipping her last time, it was clear he wanted more.

Back at being handled like a sack of potatoes, she had been carried from the dungeon of hell to a building and up some stairs to a room.

It was a nice room.

Not like the crappy cells she had been held in at some of her other 'visits' with King. A big bed with clean linen. Nice soft carpeting, expensive and comfortable furniture and big windows with a view of nothing worth mentioning, but they would provide daylight when it came.

It had made Mackenzie uneasy with why she was granted such luxury. King had mentioned something about a party and her being pampered. Might be difficult to have her well rested and look good, if she had spent the night shivering on a concrete floor somewhere.

What did she know?

Iri had stripped her of the t-shirt and locked a collar around her neck and attached it to a chain bolted to the wall. The chain was long enough for her to use the bathroom, go to bed and sit on the couch or in the chair.

It was not long enough to reach the door.

He had left her without even locking the door. The collar and chain would keep her in the room, and should she manage to get loose, she had noticed guards at every turn on their way there.

A blue silk kimono had been laid out for her on the bed. Mackenzie had taken it and gone to the bathroom to shower and clean herself of the filth she felt was left all over her. Even the damned rose scented products had been a relief.