Ch. 117: Wrong focus, roll with it, Pretty boy

They sat in silence in the car.

Mackenzie waited for Gareth to tell her whatever it was he was having difficulty saying. She could wait, they had two days before they were to meet up with Cracker and Alyssa again, though she would have preferred waiting somewhere a little nicer than in a rental car.

"I want to explain how this is going to work." Gareth had finally found his words and turned in his seat to face her.
"I'm listening."
"I'm a member of The Chateau. I have my membership card and profile and I'm registered as a Dom and a VIP member."
"I figured as much," Mackenzie smiled at the less than shocking information.

Gareth reached to the backseat and pulled out a little box he handed to her. "You'll need to wear that from we exit the car until we're back here again. The club is incognito, everybody wears masks, and everybody has signed a non-disclose agreement."

Mackenzie opened the box and found a black masquerade half-mask with featherwork and bling on it. It was beautiful, it would make her look mystical and sexy, she was sure. For somebody who hated shopping, Gareth knew how to shop.

"There are different ways for non-members to enter. You can enter on a guest pass as a single and fend for yourself."

Gareth had barely finished the sentence before Mackenzie shook her head and gave him a 'are you nuts?' look. He laughed lightly at her, happy she did not like that option. It was his job to inform her of everything including the parts he was not happy with.

"You can enter as my guest, I would be responsible for you, but you could at any point in there decide to place your care with somebody else and I'd be obliged to render your guest pass to them."
"Gareth, can we just get to the one where you tell me that you claim me or whatever the Chateau term is?"

Chuckling at her impatience Gareth pulled another box from the backseat and gave it to her.

"There are other options where you are under my care. But if you wear that, you'd be entering as my property. You'd be recognized as an owned slave, and you'd be mine fully."
"Aren't I already?" Mackenzie opened the jewelry box and gasped at the content.

It was a shiny, half an inch wide silver collar. It had a small D ring the size of the collar welded to the front. On one side of the ring was a small dragon engraved and on the other side of the ring were the words 'The Dragon'.

"Malyshka, you're mine. My wife, my friend, my lover. And sexually you're my sub. But you're not my slave, you're not property. I'll never own you. In there the lines are not grey and fuzzy where we know something, and they don't. It's black and white. Wear the collar and they'll recognize you as owned by me, in every sense of the word."
"Is that bad?"
"For me, no. I'd be honored and proud. But for you, dolly, you'd be giving me ultimate power over you. Nobody in there would help you if you said no, if you asked me to stop."

The way he explained it made her heart swell for him. She loved him so deeply for letting her know where she stood, how the rules were. He could easily have kept half of it from her and let her enter unaware of how the rules were.

"Gareth," Mackenzie smiled at him, reaching to caress his cheek before she played with his hair and smoothed it back. "I've already given you ultimate power without the collar. Do you think a piece of metal changes anything?"

He sighed and leaned into her hand. He loved the feeling of her caressing him. There was something deeply intimate about it, it was like she was comforting his soul when she did it.

"I know you trust me, it's not a matter of that. I owe you to inform you. With the collar on, people in there, men and women alike, will come to me and ask to use you, or be part of whichever play we want to set up. They'll want to hear you scream and cum. But they'll not once recognize you as an individual."