"Oh." I softly say and go back to crunching my crackers, the noise drowning out the awkward silence.

"Wow. You look hot." Avery says and I stand up, admiring myself in the mirror. I smile, I feel good today.

"Thank you." I tell her. She walks out to get ready herself. I plop myself onto my bed and sigh out. The thought of Sawyer and Avery runs through my head. I close my eyes to try to erase the images I'm imagining. I get out my sketch book and try to get my mind off of everything. Drawing is the only thing that helps me escape, I'm too focused on getting the perfect shade and shapes.

"Ready?" Avery asks, "Opal." She says louder. "I've been calling you for five minutes straight." She frowns.

I finally snap out of my drawing trance and turn to her. "Hmm, sorry." I quickly close my journal and follow her out the door.

"I'm a little nervous." She says and my eyes widen.

"Why are you nervous?" I question.

"What if they don't let us in?" She questions.

"They'll let you in. I'll make sure." Evan opens the car door for us and we both hop in.

"Maybe you can teach me how to drive, Evan?" I asks and he laughs.

"Knowing you, you'd probably drive off." He says and my stomach sinks. I'm starting to feel like a prisoner and I don't like this feeling.

"No. I think it's a good skill to have." I counter.

"I'll think about it." He says. I'm pretty sure if Sawyer were here I would be driving already.

It looks like it's about to rain outside. I didn't bring a coat and the wind is picking up. Evan parks and we rush to the side of the curb. Evan quickly talks to the bouncers and they let us in.

Avery walks in but before I can follow after her Evan pulls me back, "Be careful. If anything happens to you, Sawyer will have my neck." He says and I nod. He lets go and walks out. My beating heart tries to slow as I process what he just said.

Has he been talking to Sawyer? Or Sawyer warned him before he left?

"Where were you? I was talking and I turned around and you were gone. Evan would kill me if I left you out of my sight." She angrily says, she pulls my arm and we walk up to the bar counter.

"New faces." The older man behind the bar says with a smile.

"We're friends of Evans." Avery smiles.

"In that case, first drinks on the house." He says with a smile.

"We'll have two piña colada's." She says.

"I'm fine with soda." I whisper to her but she hushes me.

"It's a bar. You have to have at least one drink." She rolls her eyes and I nod. I watch the crowded room and as the night gets later the busier it is. I immediately notice an attractive guy sitting at a table. His smile lights up his face, brown eyes sparkling at me. I turn around to make sure he's actually looking at me and not someone around me. Avery is too busy talking to the bartender and everyone else is in their own world, dancing.