52

"I swear that lady always makes me want to fight," Donghyuck groaned as he hiked his overly heavy backpack higher onto his shoulders.

His last teacher of the day had given them wayyyy to much material to study for the test that he had to stuff into his backpack.

Damn gurl can't you relax, your not the only class I have. My backpack is for ALL my classes.

Donghyuck thought with an eye roll as he took a turn down the hallway towards the gym.

He was getting there a bit later because the same teacher had seen him zoning out in class (he's been nervous about this date all day ok?) and proceeded to make him go through 50 question problems in his textbook which took forever.

But even though his day has been dragged down. He was still focused on trying to have a good date with Mark.

He took a deep breathe and was open to open the gym door when it opened for him and someone ran into him.

"Ouch~ oh hyung!" Jisung was standing in front of him, clearly just exiting the gym.

"Oh hi Jisungie~" Donghyuck teased in a sweet voice, giving the impression that he knew Jisung had just been with Chenle. "How's our baby dolphin?"

"I- Don't tease me hyung," Jisung whined, covering his face with one hand. "Mark said you were going to be here but I didn't expect you to be here this late."

"It's a long story," Donghyuck groaned loudly, not fond of talking about his witch of a teacher.

"Oh I have to get going! I'm going to be late," Jisung began to rush past him. "Bye Haechan hyung!"

Donghyuck sighed with a smiled before entering the gym.

Practice had already been going on for about half an hour by the time he had gotten there so the boys were already into a practice game.

Donghyuck quickly situated him self on one of the middle levels of the bleachers. Knowing from experience to never sit on a bottom seat during a practice.

He shuddered at the thought. The last time they did, poor Renjun got hit in the face with a basketball and got a concussion.

Donghyuck looked out at the boys.

Chenle was blocking and covering like a pro, trying to steal the ball at any given second.

Jeno had the ball and was traveling quickly up the court before passing.

His pass landing in the hands of the player everybody knew the name of.

Mark Lee.

He was smoothly but quickly traveling up the court, his dribbles solid and steady. His face completely focused on traveling up the court and making a basket. You could see his experience level considering he wasn't even looking to pass. His confidence in his skills on full display.

Donghyuck always felt like things were going in slow motion whenever he watched Mark play.

Mark quickly taking his spot and setting up his hands. The way the ball would perfectly arch and then swivel around the hoop, teasing everyone in the room. Keeping them on their toes for the results and then perfectly go through the net.

And thats what he saw for the rest of practice.

Mark Lee in slow motion. Scoring left and right.

"Ok, that's good but we've got lots of things to work on for the next game," Mark said at the end of practice, dismissing his teammates with a clap to the locker room.