82

"...geez I never thought the school was this far away," Donghyuck finally reached the school doors. He put his hands on his knees to catch his breath but it all came out smokey from the cold.

"Shit," Donghyuck huffed as he tried to open the front doors only to find them locked from the outside.

He grabbed his phone out of his pocket at looked at the time. Fourth quarter had probably started.

He clicked on the Bby Bun 🐰 contact and instantly pressed the call button. "C'mon Jaem. Pick up please."

"Hello?" Jaemins voice rang through the phone but he could hear the loud cheering in the background.

"Hey uhm, i uh I'm here but-" Donghyuck grabbed onto his arms as he was freezing without a jacket.

"You're here?!" Jaemin yelled into the phone with hopeful excitement. "Where? I'm waving do you see me?"

Donghyuck laughed at his best friends antics before saying, "Nana the doors are locked, can you let me in?"

"Oh. Oh! Yeah ill be right there," Jaemin smiled before having up the phone and whispering an "I'll be right back" to Renjun.

A 3-point difference.

Mark sighed as he looked at the scoreboard. There was no way they could make it unless it was perfect. All they worked for will be gone if they mess this up.

"Mark. You have to take the shot," Jeno patted him on the shoulder as a time out was called

"What?" Mark spluttered. "Jen I can't, I'll miss."

"He's right hyung," Chenle came up on his other side with a smile on his face. "You're the only one that has 99% perfect accuracy everytime you shoot."

"Thats not true," Mark look incredulous. Are they crazy?

Him? Do the make or break shot?

"Hyung, I know you are sad about Haechan hyung," Chenle gave him a serious look, one that he's never seen on the younger. "But we need you right now. We need you to win the game for us. We can help you figure out everything after the game but just pretend he is here. Like how happy he would be to see us win this game. Please hyung, we need you right now."

Mark digested the words with a mix of assurance and worry.

But he put that aside because Chenle was right. His team needed him right now, whether he was prepared or not.

"Ok," Mark nodded his head before Jeno and Chenle both cheered.

Mark took a deep breath as the time out ended.

There was 15 seconds left in the game.

He needed to do this now.

He took stance at the 3 point line and set up his hands before taking a deep breath. He could feel everyone's presence in the room staring at him. The players, the fans, his friends, he could feel them all.

He closed his eyes before preparing himself to throw. Just think as if Donghyuck was here. As if his good luck charm never left. Think of the way he smiles, the way he laughs, the way he sings, the way he looks.

1...2...3-

"C'MON YOU'VE GOT THIS STUPID."

Mark froze as his hands shot, his eyes blasting wide as he felt time stop. Everything was going in slow motion. The way the ball was curving in the air.

Was that Donghyuck's voice?

He didn't get a chance to think before he was hoisted in the air.