34.2

Mini.Nana:
I'll be over soon 😊

Jaemin sighed after sending the quick text. He hasn't exactly been outside alone since what happened.

Jeno would walk him to school, to his classes and walk him home from work after basketball practice. Then if Jeno couldn't then he would send Mark to. Haechan and Renjun would walk with him to lunch. Then Jisung would walk with him to basketball games to cheer them on. On days when he didnt have work, Chenle would walk home with him since his house was on the way to Chenle's.

He definitely did not want his first time walking alone to be in the dark but he had no other choice. He knows that Jeno would offer to come to his house or they could go somewhere but the neighbors were making Jeno watch the little kitten again. He couldn't make Jeno leave that poor kitten alone at night could he.

He pouted at the thought of the little scared kitten alone in the darkness of Jeno's empty apartment.

Absolutely not.

But...

Jeno wanted to talk.

Jaemin didnt know if he was ready to tell Jeno the truth about why he didn't tell him about Woojin.

He's been in love with Jeno since the first time the boy ever stuck up for him. When they met Jaemin was shy and awkward, a little scrawny with braces and definitely too much acne. He wasn't popular at all.

So when Donghyuck and Mark merged their friend groups, Jaemin almost passed out at the fact that he was even talking to the schools most popular guys.

But he kept to himself for a while when they were all together, unsure if they really wanted to be his friend. Why would they want to be friends with him?

But then it happened,

Jaemin fell in love with Lee Jeno.

Flashback

"Stay away from Mark and Jeno," A group of girls had cornered him in the hallway on his way to lunch. It wasn't the first time he had heard that and he could guarantee that it wouldn't be the last. But it is the first time that he's been physically cornered.

"I-i didn-" Jaemin tightened his grip on his backpack.

"They don't want you," The main girl crossed her arms.

Jaemin lowered his gaze to the ground. Who was he to argue? He was always to nervous to talk to them the way Donghyuck did, so when they did talk it was short. He had no idea what they thought of him. That could very well be true.

"Now that we got that out of the way," Another girl in the group stepped forward. "Some of us need to eat. So lunch money. Now."

"I-i don't- I dont have any," Jaemin cowered further into the corner. He wasn't lying, he had given his lunch money to some new kid named Chenle on his bus.

"Im not gonna say it again," The girl stepped forward, grabbing him by the hair making him yelp in pain.

"I, I really don't have it," He whispered, he was tugged forward and his bag was ripped right off his back.