30

"Whoa! Did you beat his ass hyung?" Chenle yelled excitedly the second they opened the door.

"You be we did," Mark ruffled his hair before throwing Chenle in a head lock. "And we'll beat yours too if you keep skipping practice to hang out with Jisung."

Chenle squaked in protest.

"Where's Jaeminnie?" Jeno asked Jisung, who was busy laughing at Chenle's struggle, he pointed a finger to the kitchen.

Jaemin had his back facing Jeno, his hands were on the counter and he was staring out the window.

"Hi Nana," Jeno slid his arms lightly around Jaemins waist under his (Jeno's) hoodie.

Jaemin flinched and gasped at the sudden intrusion making Jeno chuckle.

"Where were you?" Jaemin pouted lightly.

"I told you in the note," Jeno pressed his chest closer to Jaemins back. "I had to take care of somethin'."

"I would've come with you," Jaemin's pout got bigger as he leaned back into Jeno's chest.

"I'm glad you didn't. I didn't want you getting hurt," Jeno softly rubbed the skin on Jaemin's hips with his thumbs.

"Non- oh my god Jeno!" Jaemin gasped when he turned around, grabbing Jeno's face in his hands and rubbing his thumb lightly over Jeno's newly bruised eye. "What happened?!"

"I took care of the problem." Was all Jeno said before pulling Jaemin's hands away from his face and giving him a smile.

"Why would you do that?" Jaemin's voice was hushed, Jeno could seen tears welling up in his eyes.

"Nana, he touched you. He hurt you," Jeno frowned at his own words.

"But you got hurt," Jaemin sniffled, clutching the front of Jeno's shirt with his hands. He didn't want Jeno to get hurt protecting him. He felt guilty knowing that he is the reason why Jeno got hurt.

"I'll be ok," Jeno leaned his cheek on the side of Jaemin's head. Jeno swayed them back and forth for a while before Donghyuck told him the bathtub was filled and he would help him with his injuries afterwards.

"Haechannie," Jeno called to him before he left the room.

Donghyuck took a deep breath before turning around.

"I'm sorry Jeno-ya."

"No, I'm sorry," Jeno grabbed Donhyuck's shoulder.

"I should have told you the second that I found out," Donghyuck had tears slowly sliding down his face. "He made me promise not to tell you, and it's my fault he got hurt and- and-"

Donghyuck tried to heave out but he broke into a soft sob.

"No, no, it's okay hyuck," Jeno rubbed both his shoulders. "It's not your fault and I'm sorry that I got physical with you. I shouldn't have, I was just really angry. I know that's not an excuse but I hope you can forgive me?"

"Yeah, yeah, I forgive you," Donghyuck nodded, his tears slowing down but you could see that his guilt had not.

"Jaemin should be out soon," Donghyuck gave him a tight, closed lipped smile. "I better go help him."