80

"Jeno," Mark nodded towards him, calling him over to where the team was practicing.

Jeno nodded back and jogged up to him and spoke: "I can't believe it's game day already."

"You should wrap up your hands," Mark said guiltily as he looked down at the small scratches all over his palms from the night before. "So you don't make em worse."

"Huh? Oh no its alright. They don't hurt-" Jeno started, rubbing his palms at the little marks.

"Wrap em," Mark said in a tone that was unarguable, making Jeno's head pop up.

Mark was using his authority tone, nobody could argue with him when his voice was like that. He usually only used it with the dreamies when he was protective or serious.

"Ok dad. I'll go wrap them," Jeno playfully rolled his eyes before Mark slapped him lightly on the shoulder.

"Don't sass me," Mark chuckled as Jeno left to the locker room.

Jaemin sighed as he entered the gym. He watched all the people beginning to fill up the bleachers. He looked around for his friends but he couldnt see any so he went to find a seat.

He was definitely sitting in the bottom row. He wasn't going to miss the chance to watch Jeno being ~sexy~

He took his seat before looking up. Wonho was across the room and staring at him, his face full of bruises from the beating Jeno gave him. Jaemin's breath hitched and he averted his gaze. He looked back up again and saw Wonho walking towards him. He quickly locked eyes on his own shoes, praying that he wouldn't come near him.

"There you are bitch-" Wonho began to smirk.

"Get away from him," A voice boomed from above Jaemin.

Jaemin's eyes shot behind him and he let out a sigh of relief. It was Mark.

"Oh yeah? Who's gonna make me?" Wonho tilted his chin towards the canadian. Wonho had an evil glare in his eyes, a menacing look on his face.

Jaemin looked back up at Mark again.

Mark had always been protective of the dreamies and now was no different. His fists were clenched, his jaw was set, he could see the veins popping from his neck. His eyes had a fire lit in them at Wonho's words. But Mark wasn't like Jeno. He was a man of warnings before action. But after a warning was given, then it was over for you.

"I'm not like Jeno," Mark smiled with his tounge pressed into the side of his cheek. "If you piss me off? I'll do alot worse then some bruises and broken bones. So I would leave Jaemin alone if I were you unless you want to end up somewhere that you can't even recognize yourself."

That wiped the smirk right of Wonho's face before he mumbled: "Whatever."

He walked away but Jaemin could see the way his hands were shaking.

"Thanks Markie," Jaemin smiled up at Mark.

"You need to stop getting yourself into trouble," Mark let out a small laugh before bumping his shoulder against Jaemin's.

"Hey hyungs!" Jisung came jogging up to them and took a seat next to them. "Chenle here yet?"

"Lockeroom," Mark nodded towards the door across the gym. "You might wanna see him before I start warm ups."

"Ok," Jisung smiled before getting up and walking towards the lockerooms.

"Is..." Mark turned his attention back to Jaemin. "Is he coming?"

Jaemin frowned before sighing. "No. Im sorry, I tried really hard to get him to come but he just..."

Mark nodded, his eyes looking at his shoes as he scratched the toe against the floor.

Jaemin rubbed a comforting hand on Marks shoulder, his heart aching for both boys.

"Did he say anything?" Mark asked, his voice quiet. Jaemin thought it was the first time he had ever heard Mark so defeated.

"He..." Jaemin hesitated, not knowing if he should relay Donghyucks heartbreaking words to Mark. Escpecially before the biggest game of the year.

"He did say something," Mark looked at Jaemim. "What is it?"

"Mark I dont..." Jaemin's brows furrowed, his eyes filling with concern.

"Just tell me....please," Marks tone was pleading but quiet. It was as if he wanted Jaemin to break him with words.

"He said that if he came then he was still in love with you," Jaemin's voice wavered slightly. "And he said if he kept himself strong and didn't go then that meant he didnt love you as much as he thought...and he could move on."

Mark gripped hard onto the bench he was sitting on, his knuckles turning white and his arms shaking.

"Mark, im sorry-" Jaemin tried to reach out, guilt eating his insides.

"It's fine," Mark moved his shoulder from Jaemins grip. "I uh, i gotta start warm-ups."

"Mark-" Jaemin called again but sat back down with a frown as he watched the elders back retreat.

"Hi princess," Jeno stopped in front of Jaemin and gave him a peck on the lips.

"Hi Nono," Jaemin sighed, giving his boyfriend a soft smile that didn't quite reach his ears.

"What's wrong baby?" Jeno pouted at the small smile. "Mark and Haechan?"

Jaemin just nodded, "Haechannies not coming."

"Aw man," Jeno sighed, looking towards his teammates. "I hope Mark can focus today."

"I hope you can too," Jaemin smiled before giving Jeno a big peck on the cheek. "Good luck."

Jeno blushed with a smile before kissing Jaemin's hand before joining his teammates.

Game day.

The last game.

The championship game.

Chenle kept repeating these words in his head as he splashed his face with water from the sink.

"Chenle?" Jisungs came from behind him, making his ehad whip around.

"Hey," Chenle patted his face with a paper towel. "What are you doing in here?"

"I wanted to come wish you luck...were you crying?" Jisung narrowed his eyes in convern as he peered at Chenle's face.

"No. Of course not," Chenle smiled. "What would I have to cry about? It's game day."

Jisung just stared at him, analyzing his face and movements. Chenle started to fidget under Jisungs gaze.

Jisung saw this before stepping forward and wrapping his arms around the younger males shoulders.

Chenle put his ear on Jisung's sternum, listening to the calming heartbeat in his chest.

"Tell me whats going on lele," Jisung whispered into his hair, rubbing his hands over Chenle's shoulders.

"What if I don't do well enough?" Chenle pouted, pressing his head further into Jisungs warm chest. "What If i make us lose?"

Jisung stared at the top of his boyfriends head before laughing.

"Don't laugh, jerk!" Chenle slapped his chest as he pulled away.

"Oh lele," Jisung chuckled again before grabbing Chenle's hand in his. "Just do your best. You're the best player I know. You can do this and if you lose then you lose. But don't worry about any of that. Just try to have fun."

Chenle smiled up at Jisung before letting out a cute laugh.

"You really think I'm the best player you know," Chenle leaned forward on his toes.

"Yeah, cutest one too," Jisung laughed when Chenle's cheeks glowed in a bright pink. "Now get out there and do your best."

Chenle grinned and nodded before walking out of the lockeroom.

The game was about to begin.

Nct Dream |Instagram| [Nomin , Markhyuck , Chensung]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें