24

Donghyuck sighed before entering the open double doors of the gym.

The stands were almost completely full and the cheerleaders were on the side stretching. There were no players on the court yet so they must still be in the locker room.

"CHANNIE!"

Donghyuck jumped before looking towards the bleacher and seeing Ten call out to him. He could see Johnny sitting next to him and Jisung sitting in the seat below him.

"TENN HYUNG," He yelled back with a smile, jogging to go to him and giving him hug.

"Hey brat," Ten smacked him on the head softly causing Donghyuck to whine. "You need to call more."

"I'm sorry, hyungie," Donghyuck let an exaggerated pouted take over his lips. "I've been busy."

"I should sue this school for work overload if they are giving you so much work you cant even call me," Ten scoffed crossing his arms.

Donghyuck laughed at the statement before sitting next to Jisung. He wrapped an arm around Jisungs shoulder and brought his cheek to Jisungs.

"Our Jisungie got a boyfriend!" He cooed, squeezing their cheeks harder together as Jisung made screeching sounds, trying to get away from him.

"Look here they come!" Johnny exclaimed pointing as the basketball players began to fill the court.

"Would the captains for each team please step forward," The referee called.

Now, most people who dont go to their school get confused when two people step up as captain instead of one. It's not a tradition or anything but it is (in Donghyuck's words) Mark Lee being the loveliest person to exist.

Mark got unanimously voted Captain at the beginning of the season. But, being the sweetheart that he is, decided he wanted to be co-captains with Jeno this year.

Why? Mark claims it's because of Jeno's really impressive basketball ability but (in Jaemin and Donghyucks gushing circle words) they act just like brothers and that Mark wanted his first year as captain to be Jenos first year as captain too.

When Donghyuck heard that, he completely cooed to Jaemin about how cute it was for at least a week.

The referees called the game to a start and to set out the starter lineup.

"Good luck Mark!" The head cheerleader called to Mark quickly, waving her hand in a delicate way and beaming a perky white smile at him.

Mark mumbled a thanks while rubbing the back of his neck before starting the game.

After that, Donghyuck couldn't keep his thoughts away from the interaction.

About the all the cheerleaders and how perfect they seemed to be. Flawless skin, perfect hair and small waists. The comparisons he was making mentally made him wanna throw up.

I'll never be like that.

I want to be...

I need to be perfect.

Donghyuck almost jumped out of his skins when a hand landed softly on his shoulder.

"Woah," Ten's voice soothed. "You okay there channie?"

"Wha-what?" Donghyuck sat up slightly.

"The half time routine is about to begin and you didnt even take your eyes off the floor," Ten rubbed his shoulder. "So are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm okay hyung," Donghyuck nodded with a light smile. "I'll be back I just need to use the bathroom."

"READY OKAY!" The cheer leaders voiced in unison and their music started for their routine.