53

Only half an hour left.

Jaemin thought while looking at the clock. Only half and hour until his shift ended and he coule go home.

"Jaeminnie," Taeyong smiled at him. "You never told me how things are going with Jeno."

"Ah, things are going good," Jaemin said honestly because it was true. Jeno has been nothing but a gentlemen to him. Still as kind and sweet as always.

"Have you been doing better since...you know," Taeyong creased his brows slight. He was worried maybe it wasn't the right time to ask Jaemin.

"I've been doing better," Jaemin spoke honestly. He hasn't had any trouble lately and most of that is probably thanks to Mark and Jeno. They are stubborn brats but they are at least kind stubborn brats.

"Ha-oh Jaemin you have a customer," Taeyong pointed to a boy sitting at one of the booths.

Jaemin sighed before putting on a smile and walking towards the boy with his notepad and pen.

"Hi welcome to Cafe 127," Jaemin said in his best waiter voice. "What can I get you today sir?"

"Uhm can I get an iced americano and a bagel please?" The boy said with an equally bright smile.

Jaemin nodded before turning back to make the boy his order.

When he returned to the table, he placed the boys order down and smiled again.

"Enjoy your order. Please let me know if you need anything else. "

"Wait actually," The boy piped up when Jaemin was about to turn around. "Can I maybe get your number?"

Jaemin smiled wearily before answering: "I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend. Enjoy your order."

And with that he started to make his way back to the counter. But he soon felt a presence close behind him and a hand on his hip.

"Woojin said you were a tough one," The boy from before voiced out. Jaemin could hear the smile in his voice but the name made him want to vomit.

"Leave me alone," Jaemin swallowed. "I already told you I have a boyfriend."

"I don't see him," The boy moved his hand lower before squeezing Jaemins behind but as soon as it was there, it was gone.

"Do you see him now?"

The boy was ripped away from him and landed roughly on the floor with a loud thud.

Jeno was standing there, his jaw clenched and veins bulging. There was a bouquet of pink roses on the floor and a jacket.

"Ah so your the one that beat the shit out of Woojin," The guy spit from his spot on the floor.

Jeno's eyes flash at the name. All the previous events with Woojin and Jaemin making their way through his mind.

Oh hell fucking no. He is not letting that happen again.

The thought of Jaemin going through all of that alone again is enough to make him jump on the boy. Delivering punch after punch to the boys face.

"Jeno! Stop!" Jaemin tried to calm him down but Jeno kept going.

"Don't you come near him again," Jeno spat, grabbing him by his collar before punching him in the nose again. "You hear me? He's mine."

Jaemin flinched when he heard a crunch from underneath Jeno's fist.

"Boys stop!" Taeyong came out from the back. Taeyong yanked Jeno by the back off his shirt, pulling him off the beaten boy.

Jeno was about to pounce on him again when Taeyong stepped in his way.

"No you've beaten him enough to get your message across," Taeyong pointed a finger at him. "And I would gladly let you continue but you need to take Jaemin home and I can't have you killing someone in my cafe."

Jeno finally snapped out of his angry haze to search for Jaemin. The boy was softly picking up the bouquet of roses he had dropped and the jacket as well.

Jeno nodded to Taeyong before wordlessly standing up and grabbing Jaemins hand and taking him out of the cafe.

"Jen- wait, slow down Jeno!" Jaemin exclaimed when Jeno was pulling him along way too fast. "Jeno stop!"

Jaemin pulled back on Jeno's hand, making the older boy turn to him with sad eyes.

"Jeno. I'm ok," Jaemin pulled Jeno closer to him by the hand.

"But what if you hadn't been? What if he did what Woojin did? I could have gotten there quicker, if I had just gone when Mark and Donghyuck asked me to I could've stopped-"

Jaemin leaned forward and placed a kiss on his cheekbone, effectively stunning him.

"There was nothing you could've done. You got there just in time," Jaemin smiled up at him. "My knight in shining armor."

"Yeah but Jaemin, what if something happened to you? I just walked in and he was squeezing your ass. I'm sorry I just lost it," Jeno ran a hand through his hair.

"I appreciate it Jen. I've already told you that you make me feel safe and secure. You don't need to go all out like that next time," Jaemin tried to reassure him, not liking the thought od Jeno getting into a fight and possible getting hurt because of him.

But Jeno didn't seem to like his word choice.

"Next time? There better not be a fucking next time. I'm going to do every thing in my power to make sure that was the last time," Jeno growled as he clenched his fists. "I won't let anyone touch you like that again."

"Of course, what kind of knight would you be if you didn't try to save the princess," Jaemin winked with a cheeky smile, trying to get Jeno to relax.

Jeno's face calmed at the words, he stared into Jaemins face. He stared at his sparkly eyes and his perfect smile. He felt a sense of comfort and protectiveness run through him like a lighting bolt.

Jeno took his jacket out of Jaemins hands before placing in on Jaemins shoulders. He pulled on the jacket before throwing his arms around Jaemin and burying his face in his neck. Breathing in the soft comfort of vanilla and cherry.

"My princess...mine," Jeno kissed his neck before nuzzling his nose further into Jaemins neck.

"Yours," Jaemin giggled before pulling away making Jeno whine at the lack of warmth.

"You got me these?" Jaemin motioned towards the light pink roses that were still in his hand.

"Oh, I uh, yeah," Jeno gave him an eye smile. The first one of the night. "I wanted to suprise you with them."

Jaemin smelled them before smiling.

His boyfriend is too cute.

He leaned in and pecked Jeno's lips sweetly before pulling away slightly.

"Let's go home Dotori."

A/N: For those who don't know, Dotori means "Acorn" in Korean and thats Jeno's contact name in Jaemins phone.