He lifted up his chin as he began pondering over my reason, causing my heart to pound and my hands to sweat.

"That... does... seem reasonable." He admitted as I tried not to sigh in relief.

"So no, Harry didn't kidnap me. We are just each other's companions. You know, on the low key." I said with a slight smile, trying to seem convincing.

He stared at me for a while before he folded his hands together and concluded something in his mind.

"Well, your story seems highly believable." He said as I felt relived.

"Except for one thing. Harry isn't madly in love. It's not possible." He stated as my heart stopped all over again.

"Umm that's none of your business to know." I suddenly sassed as he chuckled.

"Payton darling, you don't know Harry like I do. He doesn't fall in love. I can't remember the last time he had a girlfriend. He wouldn't settle for a college student as quick as he did with you. No offense. You're gorgeous honey, but come on. That's just not Harry." He explained as I began to feel really nervous.

"P-people change." I shrugged, regretting the fact that I just stuttered.

"Yeah? Are you convinced of that yourself princess?" He asked as I looked at him nervously. 

"I need you to admit the truth Payton. Don't you want to go home? What's in it for you to defend Harry anyways? He's been a jerk to you all along."  He said as my heart thumped against my chest.

I stared into his sky blue eyes as I thought of the possibility of going home. I didn't realize Luke would be so kind enough to go against the gang rules and help me return back to my college safely. It didn't really seem realistic, it seemed too good to be true. But he did sound very genuine didn't he? And he was right, what's in it for me if I stay with Harry?

I know I saw a side of Harry that no one else has seen, but that shouldn't stop me from going back home. That would be selfish of me if I stayed instead of returning back to my friends and family who need and miss me. And it's always been selfish of Harry to keep me.

I guess being with Harry this whole time hasn't done either of us any good. I think it's time we go back to our own lives and keep our distance. Our lives are better off separately, they're just too different to be in the same lifestyle. Harry was good to me in the end, but he still had no right for keeping me this long.

I let out a deep sigh as I rubbed my sweating palms against my bare legs, realizing I was still in my party outfit.

"Okay... I'll tell the truth. Harry kidnapped me at my college university." I admitted as Luke looked at me with wide eyes.

He then leaned in, suddenly being extremely interested as I glanced at him with concern.

"Why? Why would he kidnap a college student? Out of all people?" He asked as I swallowed hard, feeling like I had just betrayed Harry.

"I uh- saw something that shouldn't have been seen." I said nervously as Luke nodded his head.

"A witness. So you're his hostage?" Luke asked as I nervously played with my fingertips.

"Yeah." I sighed as he pressed his fingers against the sides of his mouth and breathed out, resting his elbows on his knees.

"Wow... I can't believe Harry kidnapped you. He never does that. He would of killed anyone who saw him." He said as I looked at him.

"Even if it was a girl?" I questioned.

"Pretty much." He shrugged as he leaned back and looked at the coffee table.

"Oh." I replied with disappointment.

"So that means you're different." He said under his breath.

"What?" I asked as I looked over at him.

"There's something about you that made Harry spare you. What was it?" He asked as he looked at me intently.

"I've been trying to figure that out but never could." I shrugged as he nodded his head shortly while pondering.

"So you're valuable then." He concluded as I looked at him confusingly.

"Meaning what?" I raised an eyebrow as he slowly began smirking.

"Okay Princess. Here's what's going to happen. I'm going to have my men bring you back to your college where you'll be safe and sound no problem. When people start asking you questions you'll just tell them how Harry kidnapped you and-"

"No. I'm not going to snitch on him." I interrupted as he paused and looked at me strangely.

"You're not?" He questioned.

"No, I don't need him to come back for me and kill me." I lied, not wanting Luke to know that I didn't want to stab Harry in the back because I cared about him.

"He wouldn't. I'll have my men constantly check up on you and keep you safe. You'll have your own body guards for the rest of your life." Luke offered as I shook my head.

"That's kind of you, really, but I don't need to be any more involved with your guys' stuff than I already am. I'm just going to tell everyone that I left and I just needed some air. I'll just make up a lie that I was going through a dark time and I needed a break." I said as he stared at me.

"But Harry will surely come back for you, will he not?" He questioned as he leaned close.

I blinked at him as I realized he was right, not knowing how to avoid that.

"That's where I'll take charge and have my men take care of you. I promise they won't interfere with your life, they'll just be in the area on guard in case Harry ever comes back for you. I'll guarantee your safety." Luke said as I narrowed my eyebrows at him.

"What's in it for you? Why do all of this to protect me?" I questioned as he placed his hands together.

"Look at it as a favor. And if I ever need something in return.... I'll give you a call." Luke smirked.

"I'm not going to sell drugs for you, if that's what you're asking." I replied as he chuckled.

"No sweetheart. Nothing like that. But I'm sure I'll think of something." He grinned.

"So. You're really going to take me back?" I asked, feeling like something was off.

"Of course! I didn't rescue you for nothing!" He chuckled before he stood up.

"You ready to go back home?" He asked as I felt still for a moment.

Was I ready to go back home? And face all those people again? All those stares, all those questions, all those worries. How am I going to lie through my teeth in front of my best friends? How could I lie to the ones I love? And it's all for what? To protect Harry?

Did I really care that much for him? That I was willing to keep him a secret and lie about what happened to me? I was no longer scared of Harry Styles. I didn't fear him killing me. I feared hurting him. I feared back stabbing him and ratting him out for the cops to take him away. I didn't want him to go to jail. I wanted him safe. And far away from me. So if going back meant keeping him a secret, so be it. I just can't ever see him again.

I sighed before I looked up into Luke's eyes and I nodded my head. "Yes." I replied softly.