Chapter 83

This is the first time Lisa managed to sleep for so many hours in weeks.    

She is not imprisoned by Jackson anymore.  There’s no blinding white light.  No drugs and hallucination.  No footsteps or Jackson’s voice appearing suddenly. 

However, her mind is still too unsettled for a good sleep.  In her dream, she was walking alone, searching.  She didn’t know what she was looking for, but there was a strong desire in her mind.   When she finally opens her eyes, she understands why she is so anxious - even in her sleep.   She immediately calls for a nurse to accompany her to Lucas’s room.  

She looks at the clock on the wall.  It’s 10:00am.  She quickly washes up.  She stands in front of the mirror and splashes some water over her face.  Then she looks up and stares at herself in the mirror.  She is still weak and pale.  And her heart is filled with concern for the man she loves dearly.

Soon, she hears someone opening her room door from behind her.  She is drying her face with a towel.  She quickly says : “I won’t be long.  Please accompany me to Lucas’s hospital room.”

Lisa hears a ‘pang’ sound.  The person has closed the door.  Then she hears footsteps coming towards her.  

Her body stiffens.  Before she can turn around, there’s a pair of arms around her waist.  He holds her from behind, and pulls her into his embrace.

Lisa gasps.  She quickly turns around and put her hands around his neck.

A familiar scent surrounds her.  He still has his big black coat on.  It has a faint smell of gunpowder.   His short thick black hair… The handsome but cool look on his face… She looks at him.  He is also staring at her. 

All the stress and pain that’s built up over the past weeks starts to melt away.  She is ecstatic to see him.  

“Jungkook … Jungkook …” She subconsciously repeats his name. This is real.  It is not a dream.  She reassures herself by saying his name, again and again.  He is back, and she is safe.  They are finally together again.  

Jungkook lowers his head and kisses her.   She belongs to him.  He can hear her every breath, and her every sob.  He holds her in his arm.  The room is quiet and still, except for the digital display on the medical monitoring equipment that is beside the bed. 

He is holding her so close it’s like their bodies are welded together.  

  She can feel his cold and gentle breaths.  She closes her eyes as they kiss.  But Jungkook keeps his eyes open. He refuses to miss any opportunity that he can look at her face.   Then he notices the red marks on her neck, and the bruises on her arms which are under her sleeves. He lets go of her. Lisa is lost in his tender kisses.  She slowly opens her eyes and looks at him.  He moves his hand and carries her to the bed.  

I have slept for a long time.” She says softly.

You need more rest.” He says and sits down on the bed beside her.  He gently glides his fingers over the bruises and marks, then his hand returns to touch her face.  

Ah..” Lisa lifts her hand to hold his.

Jungkook is reluctant to let go of her too.  He takes his coat off and lies down on the bed with her.  He carefully pulls her into his arms and kisses her again. 

Lisa doesn’t ask him about Jackson.  She doesn’t ask how Jungkook escaped. And he doesn’t want to tell her. But her heart still aches as she thinks of what he might have gone through, and tears steam down her cheeks. He quietly kisses away her tears.   He hears some footsteps coming toward their room.  He quickly gets out of bed to lock the door, then he returns to Lisa.