Chapter 42

Summer is coming to an end.  Autumn colours are beginning to appear on trees.  Light and refreshing breezes comes through the window into the lounge.

Lisa is lying in the sun.  There is not much to do.

Jungkook looks very contented with reading his book.  Lisa is sure that even if he was the only human left in the world, but there are books for him to read, he would be quite happy to live by himself, without missing much of the social aspects of life.  

She, on the other hand, is bored.  She takes out her notebook from the bag.  She wants to read through the ‘lesson on verbal communication analysis’ from last night.  Then she notices the corner of a pink paper sticking out from the bag.  The movie tickets.

She sighs.

She didn’t expect Jungkook to be able to solve this case in four hours.  If it wasn’t for her injuries, they could go and watch the movie.  

Lisa puts the tickets back in her bag.  She opens the notebook and starts reading.

After she reads a few pages, she feels someone is looking at her.

She looks up. Jungkook is putting his feet together, and looking thoughtfully at her.  

“What’s the matter?” She asks.

He gives her a smile. Then he puts the book down and walks into his room, and he closes the door.  

Lisa has no idea what he is up to.

His smile. A typical aloof Jungkook’s style of smile. Like he is telling her : “Woman, I know you too well.”  Has he come up with some new but pathetic theories about woman again?

He opens his room door.  

Jungkook walks out with his hands in his pockets.  Leisurely.

Lisa is confused.

He’s dressed in his suit.  Complete with a tie, a nice white shirt and polished shoes.  He’s combed his hair nicely too. He is looking very smart in his outfit.  

Lisa : “Are you going somewhere?”

Jungkook gives her a glance : “No.  I changed into my suit to go to bed.”

Lisa : “…..”

Can’t he just answer her nicely for once?

She decides to ignore him and continue to read her book.  It doesn’t matter where he is going. She can’t tag along anyway.

But he walks over to her and she hears his voice above her head : “How long are you going to make me wait, Ms. Lisa?” 

Lisa looks up.  He has extended his hand out towards her.  The amber cuffing on his sleeve glints in the light.  

“The movie is starting soon.”

—————-

It’s the weekend.  The cinema is packed and noisy.

Jungkook hates this sort of environment.  He frowns as he enters.  But when he sees the smile on Lisa’s face….

Well, if it makes her happy, it’s tolerable, I suppose.

When they walk pass the candy bar, Jungkook takes a look at the queue.  They are mostly young man standing in line in a narrow corridor. But their purchases are usually popcorn, energy drinks, preserved plum etc etc… all the snacks that the girls like to eat.

It is so pathetic… 

He is about to enter the ticket check area when Lisa gives him a nudge : “Go buy some popcorn.”