Chapter 63

(note :  Warning: parts of this chapter contains graphic descriptions of violence and torture. It's probably not bad enough to be rated, but it can be a little disturbing.)

.

Chapter 63

On the flight to US, Lisa asked Jungkook : “How would you describe Jhope?”

Jungkook answers : “Cunning, cruel, crazy, craves for blood and death, and he uses lots of tricks and method to accomplish his sick desires.”

Lisa thought about what he said : “So… Flower Cannibal no.1 is like an oracle on the philosophy of killing, and Jhope is the expert on the art of killing?”

Jungkook gave her a glance, and said faintly : “Why do you make them sound so civilised?  One is a lunatic with delusional disorder.  The other, a lunatic that runs around like a mad dog.” 

———————-

Under the blazing white light, a neatly dressed Jungkook sits on one end of the table.  Opposite him, Jhope is sitting quietly with cuffs on both his hands and his feet.  

After Jhope’s request, everyone turns to look at Lisa. Lisa just stands quietly.  She is looking at Jungkook.  Others in the room are surprised at how calm she is.  After all, it’s a request from a notorious monster.  But the reason is simple. Lisa trusts Jungkook.  She knows he will make the right decision.

Besides, if she has to face Jhope, so what? 

After thinking about his request for a while, Jungkook pushes his chair back and stands up.  He straightens his suit.  He has an answer for him.

“Nice meeting you again.  Goodbye.”

He takes the files on the table, walks out without looking back at Jhope again.  There is no hesitation in his steps.

On this side of the glass, everyone is quiet. 

Jhope keeps looking at the wall in front, as if he is oblivious to Jungkook leaving.  

“Ding.” The metal door opens.  The guard comes in: “You have finished?”

Jungkook : “Yes, thanks.”  He walks out briskly.  

“Ok. Ok.” 

At the last moment, Jhope gives in : “Justin, you are so boring.  Can’t you even take a joke?”

Jungkook turns sideways to look at him : “Don’t challenge my patience.  Did you forget you were never successful at that?”

Jhope keeps smiling.  But he looks displeased.  

Lisa’s heart is like a string that just got plucked.  

In those six months, what sort of games were Jungkook, Jhope and ‘him’ playing?

Jungkook throws Jhope the files.  Then he sits back leisurely in his chair.  

The room with Lisa and the rest of the officers.  

One of the FBI agents says : “Obviously Jhope is eager to know what’s no.1 has done recently. Jungkook knows him well.”

Lisa smiles.  Well, don’t play any mind games with Jungkook, because he will always win.

Jungkook passes the information on the ‘killer machine’ case to Jhope.

“Rough.” He criticises.

Jungkook nods: “Yes, that’s true.”

Then Jhope’s eyes are fixed on the photos with the codes written in blood.