Chapter 65

“He is trying to show me his life.”

Jungkook is standing under the light.  Tall body, highly handsome face, superior intellect… he always manages to stand out in the crowd.  

What Jungkook said is like a laser beam that cuts through the darkness.  Suddenly there’s a place to start.  Everyone looks at the white board again.  The words seem to become more meaningful now.  They try to link the thoughts together.

But Jungkook can’t wait for them to catch up.  He puts the white board marker in the table, then he starts to speak : 

“Whipping, is the most direct and powerful way to convey anger and hatred. It’s more intense than cutting flesh or slow torture such as draining the blood.  Therefore, he hates woman.  

And usually, the cause of hatred for women stems from the lack of maternity love.  Men who grow up in a healthy and normal childhood usually remains psychologically stable even though they are treated badly in their teenage years or adulthood by other woman.  Therefore, it’s most likely that his mother abandoned or left him when he was young.

Skinning is a complicated and tedious process.  But he managed to complete the task almost to perfection.  It’s not the first time he had done that.  You should investigate all the skinning cases in the US in the past ten years.  There might be some clues there.  

Skinning suggests plunder and pillage.   Even though there’s no sex involved, it’s a type of punishment.  Perhaps it’s linked to his lack of maternity love during his childhood. But there is also a possibility that he was sexually abused by an older woman in his teenage years.”

The room is quiet after Jungkook stops. Lisa thinks about what he says.  Most psychopaths in the US had a rough childhood.  No.1 might come from a rich family, but psychological damage can happen regardless of background. 

Jungkook continues : “He dismembered the man’s body, and he removed his heart.  This is also a sign of depredation.  He wants to take away his self-worth and pride.  The man suffered a lot of injuries when he was alive.

Almost all psychopaths form their fantasies during their teenage years.  This man probably represents his father.  He and his father did not have a close relationship.  I think his father may have abused him, either physically or mentally when he was growing up, but over a long period of time.  He has no respect for his father’s character or values. Emotionally, what he did to the man requires more patience than what he did to the woman.  Just like the hatred he has for his father is accumulated over a long period of time. ”

Lisa starts to understand the difference between the methods he used for torture.  They are all cruel.  But one method requires more patience than the other, and it’s closely tied with his emotions and how he wishes to express his angers. 

This is the most reasonably explanation of why he used so many different ways to kill.  He carries different types of angers from his life experiences. So, this is how he is ‘showing his life’ to Jungkook.  

“The old man signifies death.  He didn’t suffer any physical abuse.  This is out of character for him.  Perhaps, the fact that no one can escape death, is a natural fear that he has to live with.  But he slit the old man’s throat to signify that he has the power to control life and death…. at least, for other people.

The child and the dog signify his perilous childhood.  It was full of suffering and pain.  The child died of poisoning.  It is a peaceful way of killing his victim.  After the child died, he chopped off his hands.  The symbolism of this is that he is taking away hope.”