Chapter 47

Monday morning. Jimin is holding his cup of coffee, sitting in his office.  The first thing he does is to give Jungkook a call.

“How was it?” He laughs : “Was it successful?”

Jungkook answers lazily on the other end : “She is very happy with me.”  He is standing in front of the mirror, putting on his tie.  

Jimin laughs.  Even though this is what he has expected, he can’t stand Jungkook’s arrogance.  

“Let’s celebrate tonight.” Says Jimin.

“Ok.” 

After he hangs up. Jimin calls Lisa to congratulate her.

It was too late last night. Lisa didn’t notice the love bites he left on her neck.  She is examining at them in the mirror when he called. “Thanks. If it’s not for your encouragement, we might not be together.” 

They chat for a while.  She asks : “What made Jungkook decide to confess yesterday?” She smiles as she asks the question.

Jimin recalls the answer Jungkook gave him when he asked the exact same question.

“It’s because he suddenly realised you are special to him.  And he has strong desires for you.’

Lisa blushes in the morning sun.

“…. I can tell.” She mutters.

“What?” Jimin didn’t hear her.

Lisa refuses to repeat: “Oh, nothing.”

————-

Lisa comes down to his apartment as usual.  After two knocks. Jungkook quickly opens the door.  He has a big smile on his face.  

“Good morning.’ Lisa says.

Jungkook looks down at her : “Good morning, my dear.”

She is stunned by the term of endearment.  He continues with his plan, which is to bend down and give her a morning kiss…French style.

After the short kiss, he moves his lips away.  His bright black eyes look gently at her. He says with his low husky voice : “We’ll continue tonight?”

Liss blushes.

This man….

She changes the subject : “Let’s  go.  We have lots on today.’

“Mmm..” He rests his hands inside the pockets of his trousers.

“You can cling to my arms when we are walking together.”

She obliges and put her arm around his. 

He looks satisfied.  She can’t help laughing…

- He likes to cling on to me when he walks.

Actually, she likes it too.

————————-

The first day of work after they become lovers.  

Nothing much changes.  As Jungkook starts to work, he returns to the Jungkook she is familiar with - quiet, focused, a little unruly.  He still forgets to eat, or to talk to her.  So naturally, there’s no kissing either.

But for her, it’s different.  What happened last night keeps distracting her from concentrating.  

But she is glad that he is acting ‘normally’. That when they are working, he would keep a professional distance.  

However, when the bell rings for lunchtime, something is different from usual.

She sees a pair of eyes, looking hungrily at her.