Chapter 36

Dawn breaks into daylight. The morning has begun.  The start of another busy yet ordinary day for many people in S City.  

Lisa is wearing her pyjamas.  Her hair tied into a ponytail.  She stands in front of her wardrobe.  

- Mmm… what should I wear today?

She takes out a light blue shirt and a pair of beige Capri pants.  That’s her usual attire since she started working.  Clothes that are more suitable for the corporate environment. 

Then she pauses.  She looks at the dresses on the other end of the wardrobe.  Those with more vibrant colours and designs.

She thinks for a while.  Then she pulls out the prettiest dress that is in the wardrobe.

A sleeveless dress with a flared shirt and shoulder straps with buttons.  It shows off her collarbone, nice arms and a little bit of her back.    It’s a tight fitting dress so it accentuates her curves.  But it’s not a low cut dress that would make her look too sexy.  The pale yellow fabric is a perfect match to her beautiful skin complexion.

She looks at the mirror and is pleased with how she looks.

She takes a hair tie with a sparkly crystal design on it.  She usually leaves her hair down but she wants to tie it up today.  She puts on a little lip gloss, changes into a pair of heeded sandals and heads downstairs.

—————-

Jungkook is reading the papers when she went into his apartment.  Reading the newspaper in the morning is something he does every morning.  An old fashioned habit of his.  

He is so focused he didn’t even take a glance at her.  Lisa is surprised to see that breakfast is already on the table.  He went out earlier this morning to get it from their usual stall.     

“You woke up early today.”  She sits opposite him, and picks up a section of the paper that he is not reading.  She pulls a bowl of congee to herself.  

“Yeah…” Actually, he woke up early because he didn’t sleep well last night.

He thinks about his lack of sleep.  He lifts his head to look at the culprit.  

——————

Lisa is reading the papers when she feels someone is starring at her.  

It’s a familiar gaze.  She can see from the corners of her eyes that Jungkook is looking at her. 

She blushes.

Today, she has tied her hair up, showing her shoulders.  She can tell that Jungkook is starring at her shoulders. 

She pretends not to notice, and continues to eat her breakfast.

-  He is still starring…

 “Are you going for a beauty contest today?” He finally speaks.

Lisa blushes even more.  She takes a look at him.  He does not seem to be ‘attracted’ by the looks.  He’s merely commenting on the fact that she looks different today.  

“Well, you said we are going to meet someone from the Central Police Station today.” says Lisa, “I thought it would be nice to leave him a good first impression.”

Jungkook thinks for a few seconds : “Then why didn’t you dress like this the first time we met?  Is it not necessary to leave me a good first impression?” 

Lisa laughs : “But you don’t care.  In fact, you don’t know how to appreciate woman.  Why should I care about what kind of first impressions I will leave you?”