Chapter 61

The sound of the waves crashing on the rock fills the study.  Inside, everyone is apprehensive.

Chills are running down Lisa’s spines.  After a few seconds, she tells everyone : “Lily, is my English name.”

Everyone is astonished.  Even Lucas raises his head in shock.  

Jungkook looks at her too. His eyes look cold as ice.

“What are you nervous about?” He says flatly.

Everyone looks at each other. Jungkook looks at Lisa in the eyes : “He is just saying Hello.  It’s the only thing he will be able to do to you.”

———————-

Ten minutes later.

Jungkook is standing with his hands in the pockets of his trousers. Lisa is inside one of the police vehicles. The technicians are putting on a tracking device on her.  They also fit a small microphone on her shirt collar.  Two officers are standing guard beside the vehicle.  

Jungkook knew how to break ‘his’ code. He was doing the calculations in his head as the computer was analysing the data.  He got the results a split second before it was shown on screen. 

He just feels an anger building up inside of him.  

“’He’ thinks ‘he’ is able to provoke him?  It only takes him seconds to completely calm down.

Say hello to Lily. 

He already knows what “he” wants to do next.

Every time “he” says hi, it means someone will be killed.

So “his” next step is to hurt the person that matters most to Lisa.

But Jungkook is going to keep it a secret from Lisa for now. If she knows about it, she will be worried sick for her family and friends.  

An officer runs up to Jungkook : “Professor, we have made contact with the B City.  We’ve also talked to Lisa’s mother and sister.  The police will be protecting them.” 

Jungkook nods.  Then he asks : “What about the guy called Taehyung?  

The office replies : “Oh, he is an officer himself.  He is currently out of town.  We haven’t been able to get hold of him yet. This morning, a firework factory in the suburbs of B City had an explosion.  There’s no casualties, so the local police didn't report the incident to Ministry of Public Securities.  But the latest updates show they found a small amount of flesh residue at the scene.  They are currently analysing if it belongs to animals or human….”

——————

 After all the necessary devices have been fitted and tested, Lisa sits in another police car with a pen and a piece of paper, deep in thought.

The sky is dark.  It’s getting harder to see what’s outside the car.  The two officers assigned to protect Lisa is still standing next to the car she is in.  This is a request of Jungkook.  From now on, they will be protecting her around the clock.  

Lisa looks around.  She sees Jungkook standing outside the front door of the villa.  He looks like he is giving the officer some instructions. 

Everyone was startled when they saw “his” statement.  He was the only one that remained calm and collected, as if he is completly not affected by ‘his’ provocations.  But his gaze looks even colder than usual.  

He is angry.  But he hides it well.  

If Jungkook is with her, she has nothing to fear.

He is walking towards her.