Chapter 6

The rain has stopped. Back to a clear blue sky.  The water droplets on the leaves sparkle under the sun.  

Walking along the tree lined avenue, Lisa enjoys the lovely scenery and feels a sense of peace and contentment within her.

She will say goodbye to Jungkook soon.  Even ‘Frankenstein’ deserves a final farewell.

The villa stands amidst greenery. It is a lovely place.

Lisa walks towards the entrance.

The front door is wide open.

Usually, the door is closed when she comes over. She knocks on the door, and it will automatically open. Jungkook has a remote control in his room. It’s never wide open like this.

She walks through and sees a number of people in the living room.  They are whispering amongst themselves. 

An unprecedented situation.

Lisa stops and stands at the door, listening carefully. One of the people turns around and sees her. “It’s you!!"

Then a few people come out from the house, Lisa recognises them.  They are the security guards she met this morning.

————

   The security guards are familiar with Lisa.  She always goes to the dormitories they guard.  That’s where her step father lives.  Some of them know her by name. One of the oldest guards raises his voice : “ Lisa, why are you here?"

    They look tense. Some of them have wooden sticks with them. 

Lisa says,  “ Eh.. I came by to eh… have a look….. eh… Why are you here?  Is Hyun Suk’s son found yet?”

Hyun Suk" is the father of the missing boy.

    One of them answers. " Not yet.  The Frankenstein is not home yet."

    Lisa is about to ask another question.  Another security guards suddenly thinks of an idea. “ Can you give us a hand?"

    Lisa looks at him, nods firmly, "Tell me what you want me to do."

    The security guard knows that Lisa has a good friend that works in the Police Department.  If she is willing to put in a word for them, the police might agree to take on the case earlier than the required 48 hours.  .

   They give her the details of what happened.  

   The child went missing yesterday afternoon.  All the relatives and friends had searched in every possible place they could think of.  Still, there was no trace of the boy. The only clue is from a shopkeeper near the train station. He saw the child going into a gaming parlour in the morning.  He also saw “Frankenstein" there at the time, talking to the young boy.  

    Lisa asks, “How did the shopkeeper know the person who talked to the young boy is the owner of this house?”

    A security guard replies : “Ms Lisa, do you not know that he’s famous for wearing a trench coat and a mask on everywhere he goes?.  He is such a strange guy.  Everybody knows he lives in the mountain,  Everybody thinks he is crazy.  He must have abducted the child!”

    Lisa is shocked - She is only back in town for the school term break.  She has no idea. 

————

    Lisa enters the house with them.