Chapter 64

When Taehyung wakes up, he sees a glaring white light. He is lying on a shabby little bed. He body is covered with cuts and wounds. His hands and feet bounded by long heavy chains.

He coughs. His congested chest seems to clear a little. Slowly, he sits up and gets out of bed. He walks over to the sink at the corner of the room. He turns the tap on and drinks some water.

He hears the sound of a plate being pushed through a little opening on the bottom of the metal door. It's a plate of hot roast duck and rice.

Taehyung has lost weight. He hasn't shaved for days. But his eyes still looks sharp. He looks at the food, then walks back to bed.

"Well..." Comes a man's voice from behind the metal door : "You are foolish to starve yourself. If you have no energy, where will you get the strength to fight me?"

The voice has been processed. It sounds sharp and creepy.

Taehyung ignores him. He closes his eyes. After a while, he opens his eyes and asks : "Where are the four people that were locked up in the other cells?"

He voice is very coarse.

The man laughs : "Oh, I have sent them home."

Taehyung remains quiet.

The man says : "There's no hurry. You will get four new neighbours in a few days. Now, have some food, or else you won't have the energy to counsel them like you did for the other four people. Huh.. you are a good policeman."

Taehyung refuses to engage with him.

After a while, the man seems to have lost his patience.

"Why are you so stubborn?" He yells at him : "Can you just relax and have some fun? ... Thanks to you. I am stuck in Hong Kong. If you didn't tip the police off, I wouldn't be here. I hate Hong Kong."

Then the plate of roast duck and rice is pulled out of the cell. Taehyung hears noise of shattering glass. He threw the plate of rice on the plate. Then he walks away.

"Click." The light is turned off. The room is pitched dark.

-----

The sunshine is like a gold dust that is sprinkled onto this cosmopolitan city. It's hard to connect the gruesome murders with this beautiful and sophisticated city,

Lisa stands in front of her window in the hotel room. Not far behind her, Jungkook is taking a shower in the bathroom.

They have been very busy since they arrived Hong Kong. After watching the video, the special team made up of elite officers from Chinese and Korean Public Security and the Hong Kong Police Force continues with their investigation and gathers evidence about the victims. Jungkook and Lisa are taking a short break in their hotel.

The sound of the water stops. Jungkook walks out from the bathroom. He sits down on bed. He is drying his hair with a towel. Lisa walks over and stands in front of him.

Jungkook looks at her: "Do you want me?" He touches her cheeks with his hand : "Baby, I am sorry. I am not in the mood right now. I promise I will make it up to you once we solve this case."

Lisa quickly clarifies: "Of course not!"

When they left the police station, nearly everyone was looking at Jungkook. The team leader quietly said to her : "This is not his fault. Please make sure he understands. And that he doesn't put unnecessary pressure on himself."

She takes his towel from him and dries his hair for him : "I wanted to tell you... don't put too much pressure on yourself."

He reaches out and wraps his hand around her waist : "Why would I put pressure on myself?"