Chapter 74

Losing Lisa is something Jungkook will never be able to accept.  

The surroundings are quiet.  There’s blood flowing along the arm, down to the fingertips, then onto the ground.

Lisa’s face touches the cold concrete floor. She is not moving.  There’s a burning pain coming from her back and her waist.  It feels like her body doesn’t belong to her anymore… 

But her vision is still blurred.  Lights, bed, metal bars, every thing around her are turning into monsters.  There are lots of voices speaking at the same time.  Her head is so painful it feels like it’s going to explode.  

Lili, remember daddy’s words.  Live with integrity.  Do not do anything that goes against your conscience.”

“Hey sister.  Why are you so nice to the weirdo…”   

“Lisa, I’ve never seen him care so much about a girl before.”

“Don’t you want to kiss me?”

“If you kiss me every five minutes, I will do anything with you. No matter how boring it is to me.”

“Now, do you feel it’s real?”

———————

Tears stream down her cheeks, down past her cracked lips.  Everything tastes salty and bitter.  She can’t recognise any other tastes anymore.  Sweetness? That’s a thing of the past.  

“Tak… Tak… Tak..” Some footsteps comes close.  Lisa instinctively curls up like a little vulnerable animal in the corner.  

Why aren’t you running anymore?”  Jackson’s voice appears from behind.  “This is no fun at all.  You were still hopping like a rabbit two days ago.”  

Lisa lowers her head.  She looks at her hands, which are full of wounds and dried blood.  They used to be so soft and smooth.  She covers her head with her hands and wait for the whipping that is about to start.  

Perhaps he’s amused by her slow and futile actions, he laughs.  

Swoosh..”  The cracking sound of the whip seems cuts through the air.  The familiar burning pain lands harshly on her waist.  

Lisa feels like she is going to pass out.  All her internal organs feels like they are bunched up together.  

 This endless pain.  When is it going to end?  What can she do to bring it to an end?

——————

Ok.” A pair of hands carries her and put her gently on the bed. 

“Do you want to end this?” He asks softly, as if he can read her mind.

Lisa doesn’t answer him.  Her eyes can’t seem to focus.  She opens and closes her palm repetitively.  This is the only way she can tell herself she is still in control of her own mind.  That she is not controlled by him.  And she cannot give up.

Write it down.” He says it like a sweet temptation: “Just write down how you feel.  If it’s not for Jungkook, you will be a happy, ordinary lady.  Living a life of a normal person, without having to endure all these pain and suffering.” 

Jackson puts a pen into her hand.  “Write it down.” He gently coaxes her : “Tell him you will leave him.  Then it will be all over.  No more pain.  You will get a new life.  I will let you go.”

Lisa looks at the piece of paper before her.  Everything is still a blur.  She is in a drowsy state. She can see Jackson’s  handsome face smiling at her.