Chapter 16

The house is so quiet that Lisa sometimes forgets that there is someone else sitting on the sofa. 

    Jungkook is very focused in what he is reading.  Lisa pours him a cup of tea. Without even looking up, Jungkook says : “I don’t drink liquid from unknown origins.  Replace it with water.”  

Lisa looks at what he calls ‘liquid from unknown origins’.  It’s a combination of lavender and orange blossoms and hibiscus flowers.  It’s her favourite flower tea. 

   “If you want water, pour it yourself.” 

    Jungkook senses her displeasure.  He looks up, but she is no longer there.

    Lisa is cutting vegetables in the kitchen.  But she is listening out for what Jungkook might do. There is no movement behind her.  She turns around and sees Jungkook holding the cup of tea she gave him. He looks like he is examining some important evidence from a crime scene. 

    Lisa can’t help but give a little laugh : "I found this shop in an old alley.  A girl that owns this speciality tea shop says they only use organic produces.  I have tried all the tea shops in the area.  This is the best.” 

    Lisa continues cooking. She puts a pot of chicken soup on the table. 

The cup Jungkook is drinking from is empty.  Lisa smiles. She is about to walk off when she sees Jungkook stretching out his hand.  He taps the top of the coffee table (next to the empty cup) with his long fingers. 

    Does this means that he wants more tea?

    Lisa raises an eyebrow and asks : “It’s nice huh?!"

    Jungkook smiles without looking out: "Yes, thank you."

    Lisa thinks about Jungkook’s comments in the restaurant - bringing torture upon themselves.  He is right.  Why should she bother?  She is not his maid. Yet, she is flattered because he approves of her taste in tea.

    She gives a small sigh and pours him another cup of tea.  

    -

    For dinner, she has prepared some braised pork, fried lotus root, stir fried green vegetable and soup. She left the pork in its pot and brought out everything else.  Is he staying for dinner?  She actually never checked.  She takes out two bowls of rice.

Given the past comments he made about her cooking,  she is ready for his unkind comments.  If Jungkook says : "I can’t possibly eat food of this quality.” 

She will respond “You have mistaken.  Both bowls of rice are for me.”  

    But her ‘preparation’ is unnecessary.  Jungkook picks up the chopsticks and starts eating. 

None of them speaks.

    Lisa watches him pick up the lotus roots with his chopsticks.  He puts it in his mouth.  No comment.  Then he picks up the bowl of chicken soup, scooped out the chicken pieces to eat with his rice, then the vegetables…  

    "Even if you keep staring at me, the quality of the food will not magically improve.” Jungkook finally speaks.  

T/N : Kick him out Lisa!! But he is cute T_T

    She is about to rebuke him when he continues to say : “What’s this?” He points at the soft capsules of rice in the white porcelain bowl.

    “Jasmine rice from Thailand." Lisa answers. “I tried over 20 brands. This is the best.” 

    -