Chapter 39

The playground is filled with the noise of students chatting as they make their way to the school gates.

Jungkook  finds Momo in the crowd.  He smiles: “Let’s go.”

Lisa : “Go? Where are we going?”

Jungkook takes a stride forward : “Case Study.  Let’s find out how this young teenage girl developed into a psychopath.”

—————

Even though it’s just one street away from the school, the atmosphere is completely different.  It is still and quiet in this part of town.  Most of the shops are closed.  The dim street lamp lights up the pavement Momo walks on.  

Jungkook and Lisa is following her from a distance in his Grand Cherokee.  Shortly after they got into the car, Lisa calls the officer in charge and shares Jungkook’s conclusion with him.  He is a bit dubious.   Nevertheless,  he sent two officers to go with them.  

Lisa is not surprised by the officer’s doubts.  She is sure once the fingerprints and DNA samples match their findings, the officers will know that they are right.  After all, criminal psychology is an emerging field in this country.  It takes time for people to accept its merits.

Jungkook waits for Lisa to finish her conversation with the officer.  Then he asks : “Tell me, what made you ‘click’?”

Lisa answers : “Well, from the surface, Mingyu is the suspect. Like you said earlier, the person that she was meeting in Qi Hill is Mingyu.  He bought a knife, and he has a gambling debt that he needs to clear.  He probably had the intention of robbing Mingyu.  But whether he had the intent to kill, I am not so sure.”

Jungkook nods.  

Lisa continues: “You mentioned we have to analyse their behaviour. "Therefore, even though the physical evidence points towards Mingyu, the behaviour evidences suggests otherwise.”

“Explain…”

“The wounds on Tzuyu’s body.  The killer disfigured her face, and stabbed her multiple times on her shoulder and legs.  Why would Mingyu do that?  He was after the money.   The wounds on the face are  signs of jealousy. Also, Tzuyu was lying on a concrete platform, but there were a lot of soil on top of Tzuyu’s dress.  It looked like the soil had been dumped on top of her.  From this, I suspect the killer is a girl.  Someone who was jealous of Tzuyu.  Based on thebackground information we know about the three girls, Momo is the most likely the candidate.”

Jungkook  gives her a rare praise : “Not bad at all. Continue.”

Lisa recalls the time when Momo gave her statement.  Is it because she is hanging out more with Jungkook these days, she is more sensitive to how psychopaths behaves?  She says : “She was acting a little strange.  Even though she was crying…. she was just too calm and collected.” 

The corner of Jungkook's lips curls up.  

Lisa gives a sigh.  She looks at the girl that is walking with her head down : “She was the last person that saw the victim.  If Momo had a date with Mingyu, she would most likely know about it.  Also, she has no alibi.”

Lisa thought she had done very well.  Three important observations that leads to her conclusion.  Deep down, she is hoping she would impress Jungkook.  She looks at him in confidence, and in anticipation of him praising her.  

 But Jungkook always have a way of crushing her hopes : “Is that all you can come up with?” He asks.

Lisa : “…eh…yeah.”