Chapter 20

They walk pass a European design screen with white floral cravings.  A beautiful crystal chandelier hangs from the ceiling in the middle of the lounge.  The large lounge is furnished with expensive but tasteful furniture.   An elegant lady sits at a small round table in the middle of the lounge. 

Jisoo is wearing a red strapless dress. Beautiful, sexy, yet seems unapproachable and not very easy to get along with.  But when she sees Jungkook, she embraces her femininity.  She glances at him obliquely : “Finally, you are willing have a meal with me.”

  Jungkook pulls out a chair and sits down.  He tells Lisa : “Take a seat.”

Jisoo stands up, shakes hands with Lisa and smiles: “Nice to meet you.”

    Lisa responds with a smile : "Hello, chairman Kim, I am Lisa."

   The three of them sit down.

    Jisoo looks at Jungkook : "I thought your assistant will be an arrogant eccentric weirdo like you.” 

    Lisa smiles: "I certainly am not."

Jungkook glances at Jisoo, and says in a  sarcastic tone : “Is this how you see me?”

    Jungkook suddenly thinks of something.  He turns to look at Lisa : “Is this how you see me too?” 

    Lisa answers softly : “Well, who transferred me to a different division without consulting me first?” 

    Jisoo is surprised to see how they relate to each other.  She tells Lisa : “Miss Lisa, I need Jungkook help me with an investigation within the company.  He insisted that only if you can be his assistant, will he then accept the case, thereforeI have no choice but to authorise the transfer.”

   - Insisted that she works with him before he would accept?

    Lisa is secretly pleased. 

    Jisoo said: "But I thought he would consult you first.  I had no idea that he didn’t speak to you beforehand..."

Jungkook interrupts her: "We have come to an agreement.  Now let’s get back to business.”

    Jisoo laughs.  She says to Lisa : “ Let me formally introduce myself. I am Jisoo, Jungkook’s sister.” 

    Lisa has a suspicion that they are related, but she never thought they are brothers and sisters, because Jungkook never mentioned he has a sibling.  As if aware of her doubts, Jisoo smiles : “Actually, I am his step sister.  Jungkook’s father married my mother. Not a lot of people know about this. We grew up in America together."

    -

    Before dinner is served, Jisoo talks about the case.

    “The police have confirmed that Mina’s death is a suicide.  However, I still want to clarify a few things :

   1. She mentioned in the suicide note that she chose to end her life because she was overwhelmed by pressure. I do not know if this pressure is work related.  If so, I need to know more about it and whether the management style in Customer 3 division was part of the cause. I would like to know the specific reasons for her suicide.

    2.  Her cause of death is drug overdose.  I do not want to make this fact public because I have heard a lot of rumours about staff in our company taking drugs.  I want to know if anyone else in the division takes drugs as well.  I am afraid there is a secret drug network within the company.