Chapter 71

2 weeks later, on a flight going to Maryland, US.

Jungkook is sitting on a comfortable and spacious first class seat. He looks at Lisa, who is mixing his tuna fish salad for him.  Then she butters a piece of toast for him.  Jimin observes for a while. Then he can't stand the sight anymore. He says disapprovingly to Jungkook : “Don’t you have any hands? Do it yourself!”

Jungkook can’t be bothered to argue with him.  He continues to admire Lisa’s every move. Everything about her is perfect.

Lisa just smiles.

She doesn't ‘serve’ him all the time.  But every now and then, she just wants to pamper him.  Because.. well… that’s just what lovers do for each other. 

Sitting next to Jimin, is Jisoo,  She smiles at her brother and Lisa.  Then she looks out to the window.  She thinks about her fiancé. She is concerned for his safety and wellbeing.  

Lucas is in the same cabin too.  He sits at the back, away from the four of them.  He is playing video games to keep himself occupy during the long flight.

—————

Jackson’s case is not tracking much progress.  It’s a difficult task to investigate the rich in any countries.  There’s always a lot of hindrances. It’s hard to trace their assets.  And there are often complicated family relationships and illegitimate children…  It’s not easy to put a list together. 

The reason they are going to the US is because Jungkook received an email from his mentor from the university.  Many years ago, this professor received an anonymous letter on areas of criminal psychologist.  However, the views are very extreme.  He thought the tone of the letter and the views presented in the letter matches Jackson’s writing style and profile.  So he invites Jungkook to investigate further and analyse it with him.  

Jungkook has invited Lucas to come along as they may need his help with fingerprint matching and other technical analysis done to the letter.  Like Jungkook, he is also an university professor, a special consultant employed by the department of Social Security.  But he is not a police officer.  Therefore, he can only come along as part of an academic exchange programme.  

As for Jisoo and Jimin , they are both going home for Christmas.  Jisoo’s fleet of bodyguards are with them, assuring their safety.

It’s early winter.  The last of the autumn leaves covers the ground.  One can start to feel the winter chills as the cool wind blows.  

Lisa and Jungkook are walking side by side.  

When you love someone, everything you do with him/her, and  every place you go together becomes beautiful.  Even when you are in an unfamiliar place, the atmosphere becomes cordial and relaxed.

“What are you looking at?” Jungkook asks Lisa.

“This is a nice place.”  says Lisa.

“Really?  The buildings are ugly.  There are too many people.  It’s too noisy. The only thing nice about this place is that they have the best school of criminal psychology in the US.”  

Lisa : “….”

Well, no surprises here.  He is able to completely change the mood and ruin any ambience by saying just a few sentences.  

Jimin is following behind enthusiastically.  He is showing Lucas the famous sights of the university campus. Jungkook, Lisa and Lucas are only staying in the US for three days.  After that, they will be flying back to Hong Kong.  So, they’ve agreed to have dinner together today.