Chapter 43

Sunday morning.  It’s a bright day.  A layer of thin airy clouds lines the pale blue skies.

Last night, Jungkook was too excited to sleep, like he had too much energy that can’t be burnt off.  Finally, he is conscious of the depth of his feelings for her.   He put on some music, and opened a bottle of red wine to celebrate.  He changed into his shirt and trousers, and sat down.  Faint moonlight seeps through the window.  He remembered the wonderful times they have spent together in the past nine months, every detail. 

If someone was to see his face, they would think this man looked confident, yet, calm and mysterious at the same time.  This was because he was wearing an enigmatic smile on his face.  And this smile has been on his face for hours.

But in fact….

He was extremely pleased with himself.  Even though he did not realise how much he liked Lisa, he had successfully attracted her to be by his side, as if he was a prophet, and knew this would eventually happen.  And he managed to keep her exclusively for himself.  

————-

Jimin used to laugh at him for the lack of experience in this area.  So what?  Obviously he is a genius in this field as well. 

Now, all he needs to do is to make sure this woman only has eyes for him, and totally commits to him. 

To fall in love with him, enjoy his company, experience the best in life, indulge in their passion, marry him, spend their days together, hug him, kiss him, travel the world together - Paris, the Caribbean, Zurich, Istanbul, the South Pole…  watching Lisa standing in different backdrops smiling sweetly at him… must be a  marvellous feeling.  

Oh…. It’s so exciting just thinking about it. Jungkook wants to run up to her studio right now and wrap her in his arms.

Lisa, you are mine.  “Jungkook’s lover.”  This identity is perfect for you. 

He looks at the night lights, and enjoys his wine.  

See you tomorrow, my love.

—————

What if…. 

Lisa doesn’t like him? 

Sorry, perhaps it is a question that causes concern or anxiety for a normal guy, it is not a thought that ever occurred for Mr. Jeon Jungkook.

He only needs to know he likes her.  He wants to get her.  That’s enough.  

——————-

After spending the whole night thinking about his late blossoming first love, he didn’t fall asleep until late at night. 

When he opens his eyes in the morning, it’s past 10am.  

He frowns, then takes a stretch.

His original plan is to buy her breakfast, then surprise her at her studio.  Well, too late for that.  Change it to lunch then.

He calls a nice restaurant in the neighbourhood reserves a booking for two.

After shower, he carefully chooses what he will be wearing today.  He even picks up a tie with bright colours, to suit his mood.

And he even uses the skincare Lisa bought for him. 

If she wants to savour his scent - he will be happy to oblige.

11.00am

Jungkook is standing in front of Lisa’s house.  He presses on the door bell.

“Ding Dong-“