Chapter 24

Lisa can’t remember how long she’s been asleep for …again. A little bedside lamp is on, so it’s not completely dark in the room.    

    But she vaguely remembers that at some point last night, she saw Jungkook dressed in pyjamas standing on the side of the bed, looking for something.  But soon, she fell asleep again.

    She turns her head, and is surprised to find something lying beside her on the bed.  Actually, it’s someone.  Actually, it is….Jungkook.

 - What?    

She gets a fright from this scene.  

    He is lying very straight, with his hands on either side.  The same sleeping position like the last time she saw him.  Without the arrogant look on his face, he looks like a big boy when he is asleep.

  But, when did he climb onto her bed?

    Oh ...... his bed.

    Lisa tilts her body to look more closely at him.  The room is so quiet, she can hear his breathing, and even feel the warmth of his breath coming towards her.  Her heartbeat, silently accelerates.  

    Sweet dreams, Jungkook.

    -

    The rays of the morning light shines through the window.  Jungkook is the first to wake up.

    He sits up, then turns around to look at Lisa who is sleeping beside him.

   It’s the first time in his life that he’s slept next to woman.   He was exhausted last night when he went to bed so he didn’t think too much about it.  

    She is still wearing the white shirt and black knee high skirt, revealing her legs.  Her skin is so delicate and smooth.  He can see her foot too. Soft, slender and beautiful.

  She is sleeping on her side, and her whole person is in a crouching stance.   He frowns. 

This position would put pressure on the heart.  It’s an unhealthy sleep posture.  Jungkook adjusts her body so she is facing up.  He puts her hands and feet straight.  

- That’s much better.  He slowly gets up and out of the room.  

    -

    Lisa wakes up for the third time.   The sky is completely bright. She looks at the clock.  It’s much later than she expects.  

    She hurries into the bathroom to wash her face.  She lifts her head and see a woman with messy hair and wrinkly clothes starring at her… in the mirror.  

   Oh great! this is how Jungkook saw her this morning when he woke up?!  

    ——

    Jungkook is in his black suit, sitting on a sofa reading the newspaper.

    Lisa goes pass him.  She needs to go back to her apartment to get changed when she hears a voice coming from behind the newspaper:  “Where’s my fish dumplings?”  

    - Oh no! She has completely forgotten about it.

   Lisa : "...... I’ll make it another day.  We don’t have time now.”

    She turns and see that there’s already breakfast at the dining table.  2 bowls of congee and some shrimp dumplings. They’re from a well-known shop in the neighbourhood. 

    -  Jungkook bothered to queue up to buy breakfast.  That’s so out of character for him. He used to say that the place is too crowded, too noisy and standing in queue is a time waster.