Chapter 33

Saturday morning.  

When Jimin received Jungkook’s call, he was having a tennis game with an attractive lady.  “Come over for dinner.” Jungkook said.

He was rather surprised by the call.

Since the multi talented assistant Lisa appeared in his life, Jungkook seldom calls him anymore.  There was even one occasion, where he tried to invite Jungkook out for dinner,  Jungkook declined : “I won’t go. Lisa has prepared dinner…. There’s only enough food for the two of us.  Don’t come over.” 

What’s happened to Jungkook?  Is he ‘dumped’ by Lisa? 

This is more interesting than playing tennis with a pretty girl.  So he excused himself quickly and went to Jungkook’s house.  

————

When he enters Jungkook’s apartment, Jimin finds him sitting on the sofa, reading a book.  

Jungkook takes a brief glance at Jimin and returns to his book.

Jimin sits across from him : “Where are we going?”

“Your call.”

Jimin pours himself a cup of tea.  Then he asks causally : “Should I ask Lisa to come along?”

Jungkook turns over a page. Without lifting his head, he answers : “Whatever.”

It’s been a while since Jimin saw Lisa.  He misses her.  So he gets up from the sofa and heads to the front door.  

When he’s waiting for the elevator, he notices Jungkook is next to him.  

“Why are you following me?” 

“Mmm… Just to take fresh air.” answers Jungkook .

In the lift. Jimin looks at the numbers changing on the display panel, and turns around to look at Jungkook .   Take a breather?  At a young lady’s apartment?

—————

 The two men stand outside Lisa’s apartment.

Jimin rings the doorbell again.  No one is answering.  

He turns to look at Jungkook : “Well, princess is not home.  Call her.”

Jungkook is looking at the peephole on the door, he sounds unwilling : “Why don’t you call her?”

Something sparks in Jimin’s brain : ”What’s the matter with you two?  Is she giving you the silent treatment?”

Jungkook’s frowns.  He looks at Jimin and but doesn’t answer his question.  

Somehow, seeing Jungkook ‘suffer’ is quite a satisfying experience. Jimin  smiles and takes out his mobile phone : “Hey, pretty girl.  Where are you? O.. taking graduation photos…”

—————-

Jimin  is trying to get the full story of what’s happened while driving to the University.

“So… she has not seen you for two days?”

Jungkook is obviously in a foul mood.  He utters : “Yea…”

Jimin is enjoying this conversation : “She has not called you…. or come down to your apartment…”

“Yea…”

“She has declined your invitations to dine together… not even talking to you…” 

There’s a big smile on Jimin’s face.  He is gloating over his misfortunes. Jungkook looks at him: “You childish prick!”