lxi. sweet child o' mine

Start from the beginning

Again? Really? All you do is cry, she told herself.

"Did I hurt you? Are you alright? What's wrong?" Fred asked, sitting up, he gathered his own clothes and dressed himself, then embraced her softly. He looked worried, terrified almost.

She shook her head, "Fred you haven't done anything wrong. I don't know why I'm crying. Goodness, I feel so fucking weak. I haven't been able to keep it together since the wedding and... nothing has gotten easier. I don't cry, Fred. Not for no reason! Who am I?"

"You're Rory," he said, kissing her shoulder, "and you're brave, and strong, and I love you. Crying doesn't make you weak, love. It doesn't even make you emotional, it makes you human."

"Then why don't you cry?" She asked, wiping her tears.

He shrugged, "I do, you just don't see it."

"Doubtful, Fred Weasley," she joked, "maybe it's just because we haven't done... it in a while... I forgot what it was like being so vulnerable like that."

"Was it alright?" He asked quietly.

"Were my reactions not convincing enough?" She giggled, "It was more than alright. C'mon, let's put on some music and maybe drown ourselves in Rosé."

Fred tiled his head, "So that proposal from a few months ago... the answer is still no?"

"Still no, love," she sighed. He huffed and got up, but as he did, he took her small frame with him and playfully threw her over his shoulder. She shrieked and coughed the hair out of her mouth.

"Freddie! Put me down!" She giggled. He carefully set her down as they exited the bedroom and went to the kitchen for the wine, while she put a record on. She decided to play Bohemian Rhapsody for him again, since she knew once he got used to it he'd be obsessed.

"I'm just a poor boy! I need no sympathy," she sang as Fred handed her a glass.

He smiled at her, "Here you are, m'lady... might I add you look ravishing tonight."

She rolled her eyes a took a long sip. As the song progressed in intensity, she became inclined to sing along.

"Who the bloody hell is Galileo?" Fred chuckled.

"World renowned astronomer and physicist! Champion of the heliocentric theory, which he was actually arrested for!" She explained.

"And what's the helio... whatever?"

"The concept that the sun is the center of the universe, not the earth. See, the Catholic Church didn't like that very much, thought the earth was the center of the universe —"

"It isn't?" Fred raised an eyebrow.

Rory sighed, "Of course not! Everything doesn't revolve around us... didn't you pay attention is astronomy?"

"Aw, you're funny, Ror," he rolled his eyes.

Rory opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by Andrew's Patronus entering the room. She held her breath, learning that these things were seldom good news.