Jinyoung's face turns white : "I have no idea what you are talking about."

Jungkook turns to the other two ladies.

"What do you have to say?"

Song Jihyo : "We worked till midnight. Then we went to bed. We didn't notice anything suspicious."

"Oh?" Jungkook smiles at them, "I am afraid the evidence points otherwise."

Lisa takes out a copy of the investigation report.

Jungkook : "We know that Mina went into your backyard. There were signs of struggle. We found some of her hair not far from your lounge window."

"...... I do not know." Song jihyo's face is turning pale.

Nayeon : "I didn't hear or see anything."

"Never mind." Jungkook says. "At this point in time, there's nothing to suggest Suga, Mark and Bambam have anything to do with the murder. I believe they are innocent. But based on the evidence we have, the culprit is one of you. I will hand you over to the police. Bon Voyage. "

"Diector Jeon, I am innocent!"

"You can't convict me just like this! !"

"Are you kidding!"

The three of them starts to protest.

Jungkook turns around and ask Lisa to arrange for the security guards to come. Then he turns around and says to the three of them : "Let me give you some tips. Based on the evidence, the killer will receive a death penalty, accomplices... probably three to five year sentence. You'd better be prepared."

---- -

The security guards took everybody to the conference centre. The three of them are locked in a room while waiting for the police to come. Lisa and Jungkook wait in another room.

Someone knocks at the door.

.

A middle-aged man, dressed in civilian clothes, comes in.

"Hi, Professor Jeon. I am Huang Xi from the Urban Criminal Investigation team. I've heard a lot about you." The man gives Jungkook a polite handshake.

Jungkook smiles: "Officer Huang, I will hand over the suspects to you. How long do you think the interrogation will go on for?"

"We'll do our best." He walks out.

Lisa walks up to him: "What are you up to?"

As if to stop her asking any further, he takes out his sleep mask and uses it to cover his eyes : "I need to rest. Stop bothering me."

One of Lisa's greatest virtues is patience. After hearing what Jungkook says, she goes to the other side of the room to lie down on a sofa. After all, it is very late. She can do with some sleep too.

The way he handled the case thus far is not what she would expect from him. It's very unlike for him to conclude who the murderer is based on such superficial evidence.

He seemed like a different person. Like he is ...acting... ah.

"You were just scaring them, right? So that they will tell you who the murderer really is?" Lisa turns around and asks.

Jungkook takes off his sleep mask and looks at her.

"Congratulations. It seems that your birthday wish from me has been granted by the gods."