lvii. ask me no questions and i'll tell you no lies

Start from the beginning

Three Death Eaters stood in the dinning room while the others either watched the living room or surveyed the home again.

She recognized one in front of her as Lucius Malfoy. His glare as cold and uninviting as his son's.

The other dark, cloaked figure there was a woman.

The woman spoke first, "Who is she, Avery?"

Avery, the man who had brought her to the room, pointed his wand at her. Rory flinched, not knowing what would happen, and felt a tight pressure around her wrists and ankles. She looked down and saw slick black ropes tied around her, keeping her frame still on the chair. They hurt, but it wasn't horrible.

"Tell us," he leaned in, "What is your name?"

She swallowed, "My name is... Aurora..." she had to lie, she couldn't say Archer, she couldn't say Harrison. Her mind searched fast for something, "Lennon. Aurora Lennon."

"Lennon?" Lucius raised a thin, white eyebrow, "You a mudblood?"

She shook her head, "Half-blood."

"Pretty girl," Avery said, running a hand down her hair, her face, and to her knee. She stayed tense, attempting to block out the feeling of unwanted touch. "Why are you here? You're not related to the Weasley's. What's your purpose, doll?"

"I'm a friend. A family friend. I live with... with the twins, Fred and George." She spat out.

"The owners of that bloody shop in Diagon Alley, huh?" The woman scoffed.

She nodded.

"Alright, Aurora..." Avery whispered, "Tell us... where is he?"

"W-What? What are you talking about?" She stuttered out. Her mind drifted back to the old policeman shows she watched as a child. The perpetrators would often play dumb during interrogations. It would work... sometimes.

Avery rolled his eyes and straightened up, giving Rory a chance to breathe (she hadn't even realized she was holding her breath until that moment).

"Where. Is. He." He repeated, harshly, raising his voice.

Rory shook her head, raising her own voice as well, "I don't know what you're talking about!"

The man held out his wand, it was right between her eyes, nearly touching her nose. Her breath was catching up with her, becoming faster and more rapid.

"Don't make this get ugly, princess. You know what we're talking about. I'm going to ask one more time, where is he?"

Rory shrugged.

"Get McDowell," Avery snapped at the female Death Eater, lowering his wand.

The woman left out the back door and came back moments later with a man. Rory recognized him, but she had never met him or even seen him.

But he was the spitting image of his children, Cleo and Zane. Or rather, they were the spitting image of him. He had dark hair and amber eyes, complimented by tan skin. He had facial hair, it was not unkempt like his son's, but clean and precise.