Chapter 85: The Room King

Start from the beginning

~

"Ah, I'm so tired."

Kirishima sunk down on the one side of the couch.

I had perched myself on the arm of the couch, on the other side, and had tipped my head in his direction once he had arrived.

"Kirishima, are you done unpacking?"

"Yeah, finally."

"Good work," Midoriya congratulated.

Kaminari leaned back on the arm of the couch, looking over his shoulder to speak to Midoriya, who was beside him. "How things ended up this way weren't great, but it's kind of exciting to live together, huh?"

"Yeah!"

"Living together... this is also training to help us learn cooperation and discipline!"

That's... definitely one way to look at it.

"You're really going all out, huh, Iida?"

Something brushed against my calf, and I looked down to see Chai looking up at me. She let out a pur, rubbing her cheek against my leg before lifting up to place both of her front paws as far up my crossed legs as she could. Smiling softly, I obliged her, lifting her up and shifting to sit properly on the couch before placing her on my lap.

While I had been working away to set up my room, she was getting familiar with the space. Mr. Aizawa had been nice enough to set up a couple bowls and even a litter box for her, too.

"Oh, right! (L/N), I didn't know you had a cat." Kirishima leaned over to look at her with curiosity.

Before I could reply, Ashido was running over.

"Boys —and (L/N)!— are you all done with your rooms?"

"Yup. Just relaxing now."

"Well, the girls were all talking just now— except for (L/N), she seems to have ditched us for you guys."

I cringed internally. Oops.

"Anyway, we were talking..."

"...and we have an idea." Hagakure finished.

"Want to have a room presentation contest?"

"Huh?"

Midoriya screamed and resisted all the way to his room, desperately trying to stop anyone from entering.

I felt guilty, but I could sense that he wasn't terrified... simply embarrassed.

But why...?

"No, no, wait—"

Ohhhh. I see.

His room was filled with All Might merchandise.

"It's filled with All Might! It's an otaku's room!" Uraraka cried.

"It's because I admire him..." He defended weakly. "This is embarrassing..."

"Crap, they just started something."

"But it's kind of fun..."

Then we moved onto Tokoyami's room.

"This is foolish." He stood in front of his door, but Ashido and Hagakure pushed him out of the way.

"So black! Scary!"

If I woke up in a room like this, I'd assumed someone was doing an evil rite, or sacrificing me to the devil! But it's his vibe, so I get it.

People made remarks and touched all his stuff, which probably was rather annoying for him.

Then we headed to Aoyama's room. It was so sparkly, it hurt my eyes.