Chapter 162: Report

Li Cu tried to break his middle finger—and even used a great deal of strength— but it was obviously impossible for the human body to perform the kind of action that would easily hurt itself. He didn't succeed.

Li Cu knew that this kind of behavior might ruin his plan, so he put his finger in front of Leader and said, "You help."

When he said this, his lips were trembling and his voice was distorted by the severe pain.

As expected, Leader didn't hesitate and broke his middle finger. This time, Li Cu fell down on the blanket in pain.

"You won't achieve your goal." Leader said, "I can cut off your hands and feet. As long as you don't die, I can use you. Don't be misled by my previous kindness. Your good treatment so far was a reward for your cooperation. Punishment and reward are the guidelines for our actions."

Li Cu sneered in pain as he realized that he might have misjudged the situation. But he only had himself to blame. His behavior could only enable those who cared about him–or those who couldn't bear the responsibility–to quit, but Leader obviously didn't care at all. He would never give in to Li Cu.

Li Cu found this kind of failure intolerable. He definitely wasn't a flexible person, especially when he knew that he was still quite important to these people. If the other party treated him like this, wasn't it equal to saying that Beijing men "ate soft rice" [1]?

Li Cu's favorite feeling was making others regret, but he quickly reminded himself of the consequences of acting impulsively, and tried hard to suppress himself. But at the same time, he also realized that acting reserved would cause him to lose.

Li Cu spit a mouthful of saliva on Leader's face.

"You won't achieve your goal either." Li Cu said. "My previous cooperation was due to your kindness. I want to see Wang Xiaoyuan. It's only a small request. All you've done is maintain your superiority in this relationship. You can keep doing it... if you think it's worth it. I'm waiting for you to cut my hands and feet off, but I'll tell you this: you won't achieve your goal."

Leader looked at Li Cu. "By the same token, when you see Wang Xiaoyuan, do you think it's worth it letting yourself get to this point?"

"I'm not that smart, and I don't think I'm missing anything in life. I can see that you're still trying to live in this world, but no matter how much better you are than me, you'll lose to me eventually. I sincerely hope I get to see you fail because of me." With that said, Li Cu put his pen against the wound on his head, and ruthlessly inserted it.

At the moment his hand started exerting pressure, Leader rushed over, grabbed his wrist, and then gave him a hard knock on the back of his neck. Li Cu's vision went black, and he fainted on the bed.

Leader stared at him with an expressionless face. The pen had been inserted into Li Cu's wound, and if he had been just a second later, Li Cu would have died, or suffered a serious brain injury.

How old was this kid?

The fact that a teenager could actually do such a thing... what was going on in the outside world?

He picked up his cell-phone, and made a phone call, "Lift Wang Xiaoyuan's confinement. Tell her to come to Li Cu. And call the orthopedic doctors and surgeons."

Then he sat down and began writing something. The doctors arrived at the ward first, and were shocked to see the scene. They re-stitched Li Cu's wound, and gave him some medicine, and then reset his fingers, put them in a splint, and started him back on painkillers again.

"The schedule is going to be delayed again. What's going on?" One of the doctors asked Leader, who sighed and said, "I was defeated."

He asked one of the doctors for half a pack of cigarettes and put them beside Li Cu's bed. "Have you found his father yet? He has too few weaknesses. We'll be at an even bigger disadvantage the longer this goes on."

"I can't find him."

Leader wrote two or three more lines on the document he had just written on, and put it on the table by Li Cu's bed.

It was an observation report, which read:

Li Cu, aptly named. Experiences aren't flawed, and should be true. Can be educated. Disinclined to trust people, emotionally unstable, despises order, holds contempt for life, doesn't retain emotions, has self-destructive tendencies. Limited ability to resist pressure. Behavior under pressure is unpredictable.

Evaluation: possibility of team cooperation is low. No sense of responsibility. Only focuses on things that interest him.

Conclusion: Personality defect. Suspect it's due to lack of attention from a young age.

Rating level: low.

Advantages: good at deception, quick thinking, quick and correct judgment of the situation, clear purpose and persistent behavior on some occasions.

Suggestion: temporarily place in Group 207. Needs assistance making up for personality defects; otherwise can't be put to practical use.

After that were some recommended explanatory remarks, which could be torn off and used as a recommendation letter.

When Li Cu woke up, he saw this and the cigarettes.

He knew he had won, but it was a bitter victory.

Since then, however, he had the advantage when it came to many things. Such behavior wouldn't have any effect once it was used too many times, though, so he had to be sure to pay more attention to his own behavior in the future.

This written report basically stated that he was trash. He had seen report cards before, where all the comments on it were made for the sake of giving his parents some face, but the teacher's real thoughts probably only accounted for twenty percent. This report card, however, was a directly written bloody tragedy.

If his father ever saw it, he would died miserably.

But Li Cu didn't hate these comments too much, because once he thought about it, he felt that most of them were right. He did feel that most of his peers seemed to have these same problems, though.

He was very interested in this Group 207. He didn't know what it was, but it seemed as if his way of life was about to change.

The burning pain in his fingers was what had woken him up in the middle of the night. After reading the report, he found that someone was guarding the door.

It was Wang Xiaoyuan. She was sitting in his wheelchair in the dark, leaned up against the door, fast asleep. He lit a cigarette, tried to ignore the pain in his hand, and looked at her pretty face. He broke three fingers and stuck a pencil in his head before he got to see her. At this time, this kind of gaze seemed very precious.

****************************************

Note:

[1] It's an insult basically saying the man stays at home living high off his sugar mama.