Chapter 46: Moving Corpse

After Su Wan left, Li Cu looked at the dark room and felt a chill for the first time. There was a corpse in the room, after all, which was something he had never experienced before.

He had been a close friend of Su Wan's for so many years, so the room was obviously very familiar and well-equipped. He even estimated that he had spent more time here than he did in his own home.

He went to open the curtains to let in the sunlight, only to find that they were nailed to the wall. Su Wan was a little neurotic, and Li Cu didn't want to remove the tacks either, so he turned on Su Wan's Xbox and started playing games.

This kind of situation made him feel as if he were in a dream. He was playing games in his best friend's house, with a corpse behind him, and guns under the bed. This must be exactly how the Myanmar anti-government forces lived.

Playing this kind of game was very distracting, and he quickly forgot how creepy the room was. The monster hunter went after two or three monsters, but Su Wan's character wasn't well equipped, so it all depended on skill. His fingers cramped and he got dizzy, so he pressed the pause button and lay down on the ground to rest. He saw the clock on the wall and found that Su Wan had been gone for more than an hour. Where the hell did this kid go to shop? Li Cu could have made the shovel himself by the time Su Wan came back.

He closed his eyes and sat up again, ready to continue playing. It was this action, however, that suddenly made him freeze.

In the process of sitting up, he glanced out of the corner of his eye and seemed to see something standing behind him. When he remembered what had been lying behind him this whole time, all the hair on his body stood on end.

He didn't dare turn around immediately, but felt his back go cold. He slowly turned off the game console, and as soon as the TV screen was dark, he saw the situation behind him reflected in the screen.

He didn't know when it had happened, but the corpse was actually standing right behind him with its back to him. Li Cu didn't immediately pass out at that moment, even though it was his usual practice. A large part of his fear of corpses had disappeared in the desert, but he didn't know how to deal with the current situation.

After a standoff, Li Cu looked at the television screen and saw that the body behind him hadn't made any movements. He went to move, only to find that his legs were soft and trembling.

He rubbed his legs hard, and as soon as they had recovered a little, he immediately got up and looked back at the body standing there. The gold foil had burst open, revealing the dry and cracked skin inside, but it still didn't move.

Maybe this guy wasn't dead, just ugly? No, it was too outrageous to be as ugly as a corpse.

Li Cu reached out and pulled Su Wan's decorative Tibetan knife off the wall, but the body still didn't move. Li Cu carefully looked at the "geography" of the room and found that the corpse was facing the door, and he would have to pass in front of it to get out.

He obviously didn't want to take the risk, so he looked around the room again. His eyes rested on the window opposite the door that he had climbed in and out of many times. He reached for it slowly, tore off the tacks one by one, and slowly pulled the curtains open.

It was getting dark outside. He glanced at the corpse in the room out of the corner of his eye and then looked out the window. He was hoping that the French sycamore tree outside hadn't been trimmed recently and that the branch stuck on the windowsill was still there.

He was shocked by what he saw. There were three or four people who had climbed on the sycamore tree outside the window, and were all crouching there with sticks in their hands.