Chapter 101: Poor Su Wan

Liang Wan came out of the pool. The water here was frighteningly clean, and it was obvious that very simple, but effective filtering equipment had been used. She ended up having to dry her body with her sweaty clothes because there was really nothing else for her to use.

Her head felt a little dizzy, but her temperature didn't continue to rise, and she felt like she could still hold on.

She washed all her clothes in the pool and hung them up to dry. After everything was done, she sat on the wooden chair and leaned back, completely naked. Although she knew that the chances of running into other people here were very small, she still felt very uncomfortable.

She closed her legs tightly, covered her chest with both hands, and huddled into the chair. The warm air from the vent quickly dried the wet clothes and evaporated the moisture from her skin. It was warm and she was already drowsy, but she didn't dare fall asleep. Every time she felt herself succumbing, she forced herself to wake up.

The tattoo appeared and disappeared from time to time, and was one of the biggest mysteries in their family.

She once wondered if she had actually been born to her parents, and whether she had come from a place like an orphanage. If that was the case, then her parents might not know about such a thing as a hidden tattoo on her body.

This was also the reason why she had always wanted to study medicine. She had hoped to find out what was going on, but it turned out that she was just an ordinary girl.

No one knew when she had received the tattoo, but such a complicated design obviously wasn't a birthmark.

The first time she saw this pattern was when she had a high fever in high school. She wanted to run and sweat so that her fever would go down as soon as possible, because the boy she liked was participating in a debate the next day. On that day, however, she fainted in the bathroom at home, and her mother saw the tattoo.

She couldn't say anything, but her distrust of her parents stemmed from the question of where the tattoo came from.

This tattoo that would disappear based on temperature definitely wasn't ordinary. It had to represent something different.

In the darkness, her light reflecting off the wall made the actual space seem much larger. Liang Wan hugged her arms and thought about many things, like why she came here, and what she'd be like if she didn't care about these kinds of things.

Perhaps she would have been married long ago, lying warm in the arms of a man right now, not having to worry about the surrounding darkness, or the kerosene lamp wick burning out. Maybe she wouldn't have to worry about whether the water here was toxic or clean, nor would she have to worry about whether something would suddenly appear out of the darkness. Life could have been incredibly simple.

Throughout her life, this tattoo made her move in a direction she didn't want to, forcing her into a life beyond her control time and time again.

She was so very tired, but she still wanted to know, what was in her future?

She knew that she was merely afraid and thinking about these things in order to find some justification for her current behavior, but truthfully, it was too difficult. She wanted to cry at that moment, but she held herself back. She felt that crying when no one was around would only vent her emotions and drain her energy.

As time went by, her temperature became higher and higher, the tattoo was becoming more and more obvious, and the warm air no longer made her feel warm.

The clothes soon dried, and she gave up her underwear as a lost cause. She put on her coat directly and tightened it so that her curves would show.

She touched her curves with her hand, unable to deny that she was a very beautiful woman with a good figure. The places that should be big were big, and the places that should be small were small. They would appeal to many men, so it would be a great irony if she died so quietly.

After walking for so long before, she stretched out her arms and legs in the darkness, making various meaningless poses and looking at the reflections her light made on the wall. It was really boring.

The floor plans were in her bag, so she spread them out on the table and found the one for this area.

When she located the room she was, she was surprised to find that it was very close to the central area.

Was it possible to get there alone? What was the purpose of going there?

She was lost in thought. She knew her purpose, but she didn't quite understand what role she played in other people's eyes.

Was this so-called containment situation of various forces out of control, or under the control of those people?

She didn't dare move after the earlier violent explosion. At that time, there was a roar from the tunnel, the whole space shook, and some of the cement over her head shook loose and fell down. She didn't know what had happened.

Now a long time had passed, but no one had come to look for her. If she waited any longer, she was afraid her mind would be distorted.

She studied the plans for a moment, but there was no sure way out, so she put her backpack on and left the room. Just as she was about to step out, she suddenly heard a man singing:

"We're a bunch of green pepper fried rice. Green pepper fried rice is very sweet, don't you know? We're in the desert, but there's no green pepper fried rice in the desert. How can we live here? So you have to thank me, because I brought you fried rice. Although there are only two and a half boxes now, it's better than none. Come on, come on, we're the Green Pepper Fried Rice Gang. Come on, come on, come on, we love green pepper fried rice. Come on, come on, come on, can you hear me? Although you're also green, I don't love you as much as I love green peppers. La la la, so green pepper fried rice is for you, for you, for you. We're the Green Pepper Fried Rice Gang, we're good friends of green peppers. Of course, we also love white rice, but it's best to mix them together. Oh, forget the shredded pork, forget the shredded pork, YOU JUMP, I JUMP, YOU JUMP, I JUMP. Shredded pork, la la la la......"

When she opened the door, she saw Black Glasses leaning against it with Su Wan on his back. The two men were covered in blood, Black Glasses' sunglasses were blown to bits, and he was singing.

Liang Wan let them into the room.

"How did you find me?" Liang Wan wondered. "What happened?"

"Today's high school students are too rebellious. The country should really do something about it." Black Glasses said. "I was blown away by at least two kilograms of C4 that exploded in an extremely narrow space. I found you because of the light. Your door wasn't closed tightly, and the light was too dazzling for me in the dark."

Su Wan's ears were bleeding and he was still in a coma. Black Glasses dragged him over to Liang Wan and said: "See if this guy will survive."

Liang Wan opened Su Wan's eyelids, looked at the vomit on his clothes, and said, "If there's no intracranial injury, it's likely that he has a concussion. What are you doing singing here?"

"I'll have a chance to tell you later." Black Glasses said.

Liang Wan went up to examine him, but he stopped her, lit a cigarette, and then said, "We're going to lose. Li Cu's going to die."