Chapter 66: The Secret of the First Package

Liang Wan closed the packet of information and pinched her eyebrows.

Instead of memorizing it by rote, she took a lot of notes. She copied down the names and ages of the draftsmen who were only teenagers, and took a lot of photos as well.

She knew it was impossible to memorize it, but she also felt that the warning not to take these materials out of the room was somewhat strange.

Liang Wan was very smart. She didn't know if there was a monitoring system in this room, so she glanced around slowly out of the corner of her eye. She found nothing special, but that didn't mean anything considering she didn't know or understand that kind of technology.

Logically speaking, however, the warning that these documents couldn't be taken out of the room was meaningless in itself.

What if she took them out? If these documents were so precious that they couldn't be taken with her, then it was possible that the other party had made photocopies.

If these were the originals, and there was that strange warning, then the warning itself was probably not related to the documents, but to her.

Most likely, the other party was watching to see if she was being obedient.

She wasn't, of course, but now it wasn't necessary to let the other party lose confidence in her.

After she had followed all the instructions, she carefully checked the dark room again, returned to her room, and then sealed the wardrobe.

The room made her feel uncomfortable, and she waited a moment to see if a call would come in. When it didn't, she left the room.

It was already dawn by this time, so she had a cup of coffee at a roadside cafe and then took a taxi. She knew exactly what she was supposed to do and where the breakthrough was.

Looking down on women will be the biggest mistake you infallible men will ever make. Liang Wan said to herself. You think you control the world, but it's time for a woman to change the rules.

She looked at her watch.

It was an electronic watch that was counting down, and she had bought it specially because it could count down from 999 days. In fact, it was the only watch she could buy that had a countdown that high.

The first part of the above number read 54.

There were 54 days left.

This watch represented the information that the man had repeated the most in those key words he had uttered during his nightmarish dream that night.

From that day to the present, she had wasted too much time going from skeptical to believing. From the moment she began to believe this matter, to when she tried every means to become Li Cu's attending doctor, to when she first confronted Wu Xie, it wasn't as smooth as she had imagined.

As a result, there were only 54 days left.

"Go straight to the airport." Liang Wan told the driver. She had given up the idea of resting after a sleepless night, and hoped to buy a few more hours to deal with the matter.

When the driver nodded and pressed the meter, Liang Wan closed her eyes, planning to sleep for two hours. She put on a steam mask and quickly went to sleep.

The driver turned to look at her in the rearview mirror and sighed softly.

**

When Li Cu arrived at Su Wan's house, he felt as if he was traveling through a different time and space.

He had been in and out of that familiar, ordinary door more times than he could count, and now it seemed as if he was just passing through on his way to find Su Wan to play.

But now Su Wan was in the hospital, his life and death uncertain, and Li Cu's reason for coming here was also very strange.

Su Wan couldn't give him the key, so he had to climb in from the side like he had done so many times before. He and Su Wan used to climb out in the middle of the night to go play games at Internet cafes. He climbed in and turned on the light in the courtyard with a sense of familiarity.

The loquat tree was under Su Wan's room, right next to the big tree. Li Cu immediately knew why Su Wan had chosen this place right after he saw it. There was sand under the loquat tree, and Li Cu used his hands to shove it aside and quickly dig out what was hidden underneath.

It was a tea can that was only the size of a cup. Li Cu opened it and poured the contents out, finding that it was a key. There was a label on the key with an address written on it.

He sat down on the ground and suddenly realized that the other party had also used this trick on Liang Wan. It seemed like the other party was very used to using this trick.

This first package only had one key in it?

He carefully looked at the address written on the key, and found that it was even more awesome compared to the one Liang Wan got. It was an address in Inner Mongolia.

It was a hotel room at Bayanhot Town's West Garden Street in Alxa League.

Li Cu touched his chin, wondering why Su Wan had to hide the key instead of all the other strange things.

Su Wan was a person with a normal way of thinking, so he must've had a reason to hide this key.

But what was the reason?

It didn't make sense. The key itself couldn't be the reason why Su Wan acted strange, so the only possibility was that he had been to that room.

He had money and an ID card, so it was really possible. Plus, three days was enough time to fly there and back.

Li Cu looked at the key again and saw that the chain it was hanging from was a bit strange. It looked like some kind of strange prototype dagger, and when he fiddled with it, he found that the pendant was actually a USB drive.

He climbed into Su Wan's room from the big tree, turned on his computer, and plugged in the USB drive.

Li Cu saw there was a video inside, so he said fuck it, and clicked it open.

It was really a hotel room, and Li Cu was shocked to see a man's face at the beginning of the video.

"Little Pear, it's dad."

Li Cu covered his mouth when saw his father's familiar face in the video.

His father's countenance seemed off, as if he was a little nervous, but he had never been nervous in front of Li Cu before.

His father held the cell-phone himself, and Li Cu could see that his hands were shaking violently.

"This may be the last thing I say to you in this world. I'm going to a place now, and the thing can't be brought out, so I'm using this USB drive to hide it. I hope I can mix it up with the other things. Wait a minute while I secretly record some things. You have to be sure to keep them."

He could see his father sitting on the bed and leaning back against the headboard. There was some background noise in the distance, indicating that more than one person was in the room.

His father looked behind him, as if afraid that the man in the background would come and see him recording.

After confirming that no one had come, his father continued, "If I can't come back, you have to finish school. And if you're uncomfortable with your mother, you're old enough to live by yourself. I'm sure you have your own ideas. All of dad's savings are in the box under the bed. It should be enough for you to live on until you're an adult. You can't go to the police. My work is very dangerous and illegal."

Someone called from the background, and his father responded, before continuing to say to him hurriedly: "It's not convenient for me to talk. You have to live well. Don't blame me for this situation, I was forced. Don't try to figure out what happened to me either. You have to take good care of what I recorded. Someone will buy these things at a very high price."