Chapter 67: Li Cu's Father

As his father stood up, the phone was lowered and hid in his hand, but the camera was still recording through the gap between his fingers.

The image was upside down.

Li Cu tilted his head and saw a man come out of the bathroom, lift his bag over his shoulder, and tell his father to head out.

He looked at the image in the video and broke out in a cold sweat, finding that he knew the person. It was Huang Yan.

The man who had carved up his back.

The wound on his back began to ache, his mind started to get chaotic, and his hands trembled a little.

The video turned black, indicating that his father had apparently hid the phone in his sleeve. Li Cu covered his mouth and only one thought flashed through his mind: it wasn't an accident. It turned out that none of this was accidental. He wasn't someone who had accidentally been dragged in this matter because he had been in the wrong place at the wrong time. All of this was a result of cause and effect.

The video was shaking, and the image reappeared two or three minutes later. He saw that the person in the video appeared to be in a conference room.

His father only dared to put the phone under the table, so only a few dim legs were captured in the frame, but he could clearly hear the sounds in the background.

One person asked, "Have you found the entrance on the drawing?"

"It's been sorted out." He heard a stranger's voice say. "But there's a problem. The passages inside weren't designed in a very reasonable manner, so it doesn't seem like they're passable. They're all arranged like branches, and the number of passages is far greater than the number of rooms. That is to say, the main space in this tomb is made up of passages."

"I don't quite understand."

"There's only one kind of building that can be constructed like this— a maze. But the distribution of these passages is very regular, so they can't be a maze. I think it's very likely that these 'passages' aren't actually passages, and their use is still unknown."

The phone was lifted at this time and reached the table top. For one second, the phone captured the images of the people around the table.

Li Cu saw Huang Yan carefully looking at the drawing that had just been mentioned. He also saw a man wearing sunglasses, lying on the table, and turning a key in his hand.

It was very similar to the key in the tea tin, and must have been the hotel's door key. The man wearing sunglasses looked bored and didn't seem to be listening to the meeting at all.

In the very short period of time that the phone recorded this person, Li Cu saw his head turn very slightly, as if he saw Li Cu's father's phone.

The phone was instantly returned to its spot under the table.

Li Cu touched his chin. It was really interesting that Black Glasses was also on the team, and they were having a meeting. Where were they going?

Then he heard Huang Yan's voice: "So you're planning on entering through that one? It seems like all the passages reach the central area, so isn't it fine to just go through a random one?"

"No, once these passages are opened, the sand above will come down. We have to find a passage that's closest to the surface if we want to enter. If the sand layer above is too thick, then there's nothing we can do."

"You have to find some way. If you can't get in, don't bother coming back." Huang Yan said.

When the meeting fell silent, he heard the sound of Black Glasses constantly flipping the key in his hand. After about ten minutes, a woman's voice could be heard.

"If we don't come back, you won't get anything."

Huang Yan's scornful laugh made his disdain obvious: "People should mind their own business. Our affairs have nothing to do with you."

It was silent again. The camera was still under the table, recording a pair of woman's legs constantly crossing over one another. Obviously, the person they belonged to was very nervous.

The woman was wearing form-fitting yoga pants, the perfect curve of her butt indicating that she was quite slender. Her shoes were New Balance.

Then, Li Cu saw a pair of slender legs beside the girl stand up.

They were dressed in black leather and belonged to a man. Li Cu recognized both the pants and the movements of this man's legs. His upper body must have been lying on the table, so when he stood up, his legs spread apart.

It was Black Glasses, and when he stood up, Huang Yan asked him, "Where are you going?"

"I'm going back. You'll have a lot of bad luck this time, so I'm sure following you will dredge up something bad." Black Glasses turned to leave after he finished speaking.

Huang Yan struck the table: "We put down a deposit."

"I'll put it back on your card tomorrow. By the way, do you all have any dying wishes to add?" Black Glasses asked. "Hurry up and speak, I have a bus to catch."

The scene was silent, and it was clear that everyone was very embarrassed. When Black Glasses sighed, Huang Yan exploded. Based on the camera's view of his legs, he must have gotten up to fight, but the people around him immediately held him back.

The scene was chaotic, and the phone shook for three or four minutes before the video stopped. Li Cu pulled up the progress bar and found that the video was finished.

Li Cu frowned, somewhat at a loss. That's it?

He looked at the folder again and checked the properties, but there were no other files. It was just the video.

There was a lot of information in the video, and it was obvious that it was meant to show him a pre-departure meeting. Huang Yan was obviously the leader of the team, and Li Cu's father, Black Glasses, a woman, and several other people were meeting in a hotel conference room.

Black Glasses withdrew from the meeting partway, and even during the second operation, Li Cu did the same because Black Glasses had communicated with him a little.

It seemed like Wu Xie had told him that Huang Yan had a meeting before entering Badan Jilin.

But what was the point of his father recording these things for him?

He sunk into thought. Truthfully, he understood why Su Wan didn't want him to watch the video.

Su Wan always felt that Li Cu's family problems had a great impact on him. Li Cu had always lived with his father, and although they were constantly at odds, it was his father's rough character that had lightened some of the shadows of his family's situation. Su Wan thought Li Cu's father was very important to him.

Su Wan's family was happy, so he couldn't understand that even though Li Cu's father was very important to him, Li Cu no longer felt the loss.

When his parents had first divorced, he thought the important thing was for the two of them to be together. But if they couldn't, then they would become independent, and Li Cu would no longer feel sorry for them.

No matter what kind of loss it was, there would be no more regrets.

This kind of mindset was the only way that he could really face his parents' divorce.

In the video, his father seemed to be on a road of no return. The recording was the last message his father had left him, so Su Wan had hid it for fear of Li Cu collapsing in despair.

Was it true?

Li Cu sneered and said to himself, Su Wan, that's not my father.