Chapter 137: Different Life

Black Glasses took a deep breath, feeling that it was very interesting.

Young people never knew what "no way" meant. If a person had never encountered real danger and could always rely on cleverness to handle one thing after another, he would soon feel that he could handle everything in the world.

Even in the face of the impossible, he would still feel that he could definitely handle it. He would think of all sorts of ways until every possibility was blocked by reality.

He had met people like this, and it was always fun to witness the moment they started to face reality. At this juncture, he was still very happy to see this kind of fun.

"What can you do?" He asked.

"If you were healthy right now, would the problem we're facing no longer be a problem?" Su Wan asked.

Black Glasses nodded. He was different from others. He only needed the barest amount of light to see a lot of things clearly, which made it convenient for him to do a lot of things. Of course, he couldn't simply admit that he had Yang Hao rush out of that hole so that it would be the one everyone outside was staring at. As long as more people entered this place, contradictions and conflicts were inevitable, and the public entrance would become frequent and chaotic. It would be much more convenient for him to take advantage of that to get out.

There were two premises: one was that more people would come down from above, which required someone to guide them; the other was that his body must be sound, so that when he appeared in front of them, they wouldn't be suspicious, and he would have the physical strength to adapt to any random changes.

In short, someone needed to do these things, but his current physical condition really made it impossible. The wave of bugs set off by the shockwave completely covered him, and he didn't even have time to dodge. The resulting injury was so severe that the pain prevented him from thinking clearly.

Su Wan said: "You're not in good health right now because of the trauma. You need a doctor to treat and cure you."

"Is there a doctor in your bag?" Black Glasses laughed.

"No, but there's a doctor here underground." Su Wan said. "Sister Liang is a doctor from a large hospital who's been working for a long time. We can go to her and have her cure you. Then you can take us out."

Black Glasses shook his head. Liang Wan had her own fate. If he went to find her now, he would destroy Wu Xie's plan. He wouldn't mess with fate just because he wanted to live. The plan was too complicated, and he was afraid that other people's sacrifices would be wasted by his actions.

"But you may be dying." Su Wan said. "As long as you don't die, you'll always have a chance to find a way out later. But if you die, you won't survive."

"I like your idea very much. I also admit that life should be cherished." Black Glasses looked at his hand and said, "It's too late to cherish my life now. I—it's only a matter of time."

Su Wan fell silent, and Black Glasses raised his glasses again, as if he hoped Su Wan would accept the reality of the situation.

After a moment's silence, Su Wan said, "You people always do nothing but talk. I'm not interested in this either. Perhaps you have a terminal illness, or you have some curse on you that makes you feel that the value of your life has shrunk and you don't need to cherish it. But I don't determine the value of life by how long it is. Although a strange uncle like you is very dangerous and has some mental problems, I feel like you're a person who's lived a wonderful life. Everyone dies. Sometimes the brilliance of a day is worth fighting for more than the dullness of a lifetime. So even if your life is only one day, it's worth fighting for."

When Black Glasses only stared at him, Su Wan continued: "If I hadn't come to this desert with Li Cu, my life would have been too boring to mention. But even under the present circumstances, I'm still thinking about my college entrance exams. Why? Because I have no reason to think that I'll die here, and I have no reason to think that I won't have to take the exams just because I've experienced all this. This is my sad life, but even so, I don't want to die, let alone have you say you've lived to your heart's content. To live day by day, and month by month... isn't this the most normal thing for people to want?"

Black Glasses continued to look at him. The kid's words surprised him, and he suddenly understood something Wu Xie had said to him at that time.

"We think that in front of our age and experience, these kid's thoughts are extremely childish and ridiculous, but have you ever thought that the obstacles and entanglements we face are meaningless to them? They live cleaner lives than us. People of that age are like living things on earth, but when they grow up, everyone becomes possessed by evil spirits."

Su Wan continued: "We'll go to Liang Wan and have her take care of you. I believe she'll find a way. Then we'll find a safe place, give up the idea of leaving here as soon as possible, and slowly let you recover. These wet stone tunnels make you too vigilant and unable to sleep at night, which is one of the main reasons for your deterioration. You need a warm, dry place to rest. Wu Xie's plan— if it's a good one— shouldn't take your sacrifice into account. You might as well think about it. Pretend Wu Xie is in front of you right now, not me. Would he give up everything he designed before for your safety?"

He would.

Black Glasses gave a small chuckle and smiled, thinking that Su Wan's serious appearance was particularly funny.

What kind of person was Wu Xie? Black Glasses could see clearly at a glance. He wouldn't stand by helplessly and watch anyone get hurt.

But because of this, some decisions had to be made by others in the plan.

"Listen to me. This is for your own good, and also for the good of your Boss Wu." Su Wan said.

Black Glasses took a deep breath, telling himself that this kid with such an open mind would definitely become a great tool in the future. The persuasive power of his words was amazing. He cut straight to the heart of the problem, and came up with an efficient solution. Unfortunately, the one he met was Black Glasses.

He said to Su Wan, "Thank you. That was very well spoken, but I can't do it. You only made one mistake. It's not for others to judge how my life is worth cherishing. You're a brat who's only learned to be responsible for himself now. You'll certainly encounter the situation in the future where you're responsible for others. You'll have to choose between being responsible for yourself first, and then others, or others first, and then yourself. Choosing different orders will bring you completely different partners, and take you down completely different life paths. If I were someone responsible for myself first, I would be drooling like a dog in the desert above us right now, killing and scheming with the others. You haven't made enough good friends yet. When you do meet them, you'll know that there are some people in this world you're willing to give up everything for in order to help them."