Chapter 44: Something to do with Dad

Su Wan expressed surprise and asked, "Since when have you been so insightful?"

"Insight doesn't have a damn thing to do with it! I think it's because the things I experienced some time ago are too outrageous. I saw a lot of things that ordinary people would never see in their whole lives, so I'm not as shocked when I see them now." Li Cu took out an express box with several packages of hardtack inside and said, "Have you noticed that most of the boxes here are defective? See, if this box was full, it could hold thirty things of hardtack, but there are only twenty-one."

"So?"

"So, there are a lot of packages like this. For example, the box over there is only half full with fifteen things of hardtack inside. If it were me, I would certainly combine all these things together. Not only would I have to send one less box, but it would also eliminate any empty space, which would reduce damage during transportation."

"Maybe the person who sent these things is very careless? Do you think everyone is like you, controlling every detail?" Su Wan asked.

"I don't do that." Li Cu denied, before saying, "This kind of thing must have been done on purpose. After all, it's not just these two boxes. All the other ones here are more or less like that. This shows that these people didn't sort out these boxes when they sent them out. Moreover, these things aren't new, and have all been used by others."

"What do you mean they've all been used?" Su Wan fought a cold shiver. "You, you, you... explain."

"That is to say, these are all surplus goods. Someone sent you all the surplus items used by a whole team after an operation."

"Not me, you."

"Right, me." Li Cu said, "But why do this? Let me give an example. If we have a party and then give all the leftover wine to a friend of ours, what do you think our reason would be?"

Su Wan said, "Is it because we don't have anywhere to hide them and our parents are coming back, so this is the only way we can get rid of them?"

"I think so." Li Cu said. He thought of the cell phone, and asked, "Did you call the number after you started receiving all these packages and ask what was going on?"

Su Wan said, "Of course I did! But I couldn't get through, so I dared not do it again. Especially since the other party sent a gun."

"And the express company didn't check the goods? Looks like arms smuggling will be much more convenient now." Li Cu said. The two of them hid everything, only leaving the two mobile phones on the bed.

Li Cu felt puzzled and muttered to himself: why did you send all these things to me? To you, I'm just a stranger, and even if I accidentally break into your world, it'll only be a little. Why bother sending something to me so suddenly? Aren't you afraid of me calling the police?

Li Cu thought for a moment, then gave a tut and wondered, is it because I wasn't at home? They thought that if they sent these things to me first, I wouldn't open them since I wasn't home, and they would be safe for the time being? But... my dad was home.

Wait a minute, he suddenly thought of Su Wan's words. Su Wan had said that the other party told him that they had sent the package to his home several times, but it was always returned. That was why it was sent to the school, and then discovered by Su Wan, who had the rest of the packages forwarded to his house.

There were several doubtful points here. He wasn't at home, but his father was, which meant his father should have signed for him. But that wasn't the case, so his father obviously wasn't home at that time either.