Chapter 183: Bug Plate

I approached the bug plate and made a grand gesture: "Open sesame!"

There was no response, of course; I was just trying to relieve my nervousness.

I went up and gave it a hard push, but the bug plate didn't move at all. Such a result wasn't all that strange, considering the fact that this thing was ten tons, and it wouldn't matter who pushed it. If this thing was a door, I'd rip my head off and kick it as a ball.

Was there a mechanism, and the opening was in one of the holes above?

It was possible, but when I looked up at it again, I realized that it was unlikely. There were too many holes, so unless the mechanism was marked by color, it would be impossible to easily find its location by memory every time.

Then there were the water jars, which were more in line with my imagination, because they had been used as entrances in tunnel warfare before. I climbed up and, starting from the edge, kicked the lids off one by one. They were all full of the same kind of pitch or black grease.

My feet were still injured, so after a few kicks, blood dripped in.

It was only then that I realized that the cuts on my foot had split open again. My ability to endure pain had become stronger and stronger over the past few years. Maybe my brain thought that a wicked person such as myself wouldn't stop undergoing torment even if I suffered more pain. It was better to finish this ordeal quickly, and then go to a doctor.

After taking care of them again, my hands were covered in blood. I was already feeling a sense of foreboding, and experience told me that it was bad to see blood on such occasions. Of course, that wasn't always the case. I had encountered a situation some time ago where I had to see blood; the more, the better.

I looked at the water jars. It was getting lighter out, and the light under the rising sun was very transparent. It looked like it was going to be a sunny day, and there was no such thing as an obstacle on a bright morning.

If there were any zombies in these jars on, then I could only fight them under the sunshine. Truthfully, this was the first time that sunlight seemed to have a strong inhibitory effect on some things. I'd love to fight in this environment.

I continued kicking and inspecting one jar at a time, finding that all of them were full of the same kind of sludge.

Was the entrance below the jars? It couldn't be in the middle; otherwise, how would they get in? It was probably one of the jars on the outer section of the circle.

I went around and shifted all the water jars a little bit, finding that they could all be easily moved. Even though they had been placed on the ground, the entrance wasn't there.

Did I judge wrong? This ordeal made me so tired that I sat down on the ground and watched the sun gradually rise. I looked at the bug plate once again, and realized that my way of thinking was all wrong. This wasn't an ancient building, because ancient buildings wouldn't give rise to such baffling and narrow-minded ideas.

There might not be an entrance at the top of this building; otherwise, it would be guarded and easily concealed, and wouldn't be like a puzzle.

Was the guard that fox man? If so, it was really a miscalculation on my part to barbecue him. But if it was easily hidden, it shouldn't be difficult to find. And it wasn't like the entrance would be too small.

I started doing what ordinary people would have done from the beginning—checking the ground around me. I soon found a rusted handle in the soil.

I pulled the handle hard, and found that it was a galvanized iron and cement door. It was very strong, and seemed to be stuck from the inside.