Chapter 74: Dying?

All of this happened so fast that Li Cu hadn't yet understood what had happened, and that he was facing the end of his life.

This is too dramatic, Li Cu said to himself. The sand hadn't yet passed his mouth, but he was still in a daze and didn't fully realize the situation he was in. He reflexively looked up and tilted his face back so that his nose would be the last thing submerged. At the same time, his hands were trying to part the wet sand.

It was impossible to completely part it, but he still propped up his elbows like he was going to do the chicken dance, and increased the amount of force.

When his face was almost flush with the sand, he finally stopped sinking.

He was facing the sun, and it was very difficult to breathe. Part of it was because of the huge pressure of the sand, and the other part was that he was afraid that any vibrations would upset the balance between him and the sand.

Another three centimeters would kill him directly, even if it was just a thin layer of sand.

The sunlight was so strong that he couldn't open his eyes, and the temperature seemed to rise instantly. When he did try to open his eyes, they were completely filled with white.

How long could he hold on?

In a daze, he finally began to think about this serious question: Under such circumstances, how long could he hold on?

His face wasn't very big, and the sand was still very wet, but the sweat pouring from his body increased his chances of having heatstroke and going into shock. But if he could survive until nightfall, then the sand's surface would become light and dry after the moisture evaporated, and he might be able to find a way out. And as the temperature got cooler, he could recover his strength.

He wouldn't die if only one side of his face remained exposed to the sun until night fell, but even if he didn't get sunburnt by the time he got out of this predicament, the contrast with the other side of his face would make him look like Li Ku from Peking Opera.

Another possible scenario was for Yang Hao to have a sudden explosion of superpowers, climb out of the sand, and come and save him.

That might be too hard to achieve with Yang Hao's IQ.

While Li Cu was thinking, the sun's blinding light was suddenly blocked in front of him. He opened his eyes and saw Su Wan standing in front of him and saying, "Oh, this is a really good place for Bro to pee."

Li Cu couldn't speak because the sand would pour in when he opened his mouth. Su Wan thought he looked funny, reached into the sand, grabbed his collar and pulled. Li Cu simultaneously did his best to wiggle around and loosen the sand, and was eventually dragged up.

He saw Su Wan wearing a pair of strange, large shoes with soles that looked like two tennis rackets and asked: "Where did you get sand equipment?"

"This is a fan I bought because I don't like the heat." Su Wan said. "You, on the other hand... haven't you been here before? Why aren't you as cautious as a novice like me?"

He went on to tell Li Cu that he and Yang Hao had woken up in the same place, but Yang Hao had run too fast. When Li Cu had seen him on top of the dune, Su Wan was still climbing the dune behind him.

Yang Hao was also lifted up, but Liang Wan was nowhere to be seen. Su Wan handed Li Cu a cigarette and asked, "Have we made it? How did we get here so quickly?"

Su Wan's cigarettes were wrapped in plastic wrap, so they didn't get wet when everything was thrown into the water earlier. Li Cu suddenly felt a little touched. He couldn't say how he felt aloud, but he suddenly looked at Su Wan with special respect in his eyes.