Chapter 179: Done

I limped to chase after it. Even with this mentality and training, I still felt as if my wounds were bone deep. If I looked at them carefully now, I knew I would completely lose my combat effectiveness.

After the humanoid creature rushed to the area, it kept shaking its head and crawling around on the ground. I knew that the chance of rushing over to give it a fatal blow had been lost. I followed it for two or three meters, and noticed that its eyes were open when it turned its head.

I pulled myself together, knowing that this was the real fight. The humanoid creature's eyes were very small, and sadly, it had no eyelashes. I shook the dagger in my hand and started circling it, noticing that its back was bleeding.

If I had stabbed Kukri into a human's body, the outcome would have already been decided. It was a pity my opponent was born different.

"Brother, have you never met anyone like me?" As I moved, I shouted at it: "Even gods and ghosts are afraid of evil people. Don't think that I won't stab you just because you're ugly. I've seen things more than a hundred times uglier than you, and they didn't even have a human form."

The humanoid monster stood up slowly, staggered a little, and stared at me coldly.

I scolded it in various dialects—from Beijing to Hangzhou to Changsha— and told myself if it weren't for the fact that I didn't know how to speak the Ningxia dialect, then I was certainly willing to entertain it in the local dialect.

My scolding got more and more unpleasant, but it was really more to embolden oneself than to insult the thing. Cursing was very practical, because it could stimulate your anger. Anger was one of the top emotions, and at that time, I thought it was basically greater than all the others. Of course, I soon learned that the most invincible emotion in the world was sadness.

When you see a person with no hope in his eyes coming towards you with a knife, not only should you run away, but you should also tell everyone else around you to run away. The type of person who was still willing to fight even without any hope was the most terrifying.

My mouth was dry from all the cursing, but the humanoid monster still hadn't moved. It was just following my movements and staring at me, while the thing on its back hid behind its shoulders.

I was starting to lose my drive, and the blood from my wounded foot was soaking into my shoe and sock. At this moment, I had a sudden fear that it would open its mouth and say, "Boss, I was just passing by."

Then I would be embarrassed, because based on everything from before, it really was just passing by. Looking at it from under the firelight here, however, it was obvious from its eyes that it was hostile towards me. But this was only a feeling I had, after all.

I knew that I was thinking these kinds of thoughts to make an excuse for my withdrawal. My instincts were lacking, and the surrounding fire wouldn't last long, so I didn't have time to allow my drive to falter anymore. I placed my knife in a reverse grip again and feinted at that thing.

It was at this moment that it began fighting back.

As soon as I was about half a meter away from it, it suddenly dropped to the ground and leaped over. Its explosive force and speed were beyond anything I was expecting.

Its abilities had been limited in the cloud of ash, so it had taken the time just now to breathe and recover its sight.

I scolded myself for being stupid as it threw me to the ground, opened its big mouth, and bit me on the neck. In the past, I would have closed my eyes and waited for death, but now, I raised my head and hit it hard on the mouth in the shortest amount of time possible.

Then, I flipped my hand over and stabbed Kukri up under its ribs.

The pain from the cuts on my scalp had me seeing stars.

The knife in my hand had stabbed that thing up to the hilt, and could go no further. I pulled it out, and heard that thing wail. I grabbed a nearby fire hammer and shoved it between us, finally managing to push it away. When I rolled over, my hair was scorched and my eyelashes were burned.

I couldn't give it anymore chances. When it came to animals, these two knife wounds would be considered moderate injuries. Maybe it would eventually die of infection or excessive bleeding, but it would still have several days to kill you before that happened. I pounced again and swung the fire hammer, but it evaded and kept crawling around on the ground. It howled again when I kicked it in the chin, but then it immediately bit my leg.

My legs were trembling so hard that I could no longer stand, and it managed to drag me to the ground and throw me into the fire.

My whole body was burning, so I quickly turned over and rolled around until I put out the flames. I was covered in smoke, but before I could stand up fully, the thing came at me again, bit my thigh, and dragged me to the ground again.

I kicked both my feet until it was forced to let me go, then I got up and resorted to my old job— running for my life.

I was no fucking match for that thing. What amazing eyelash skill? If I got back alive, I would burn all the hair on Black Glasses' body.

I jumped a few steps as I rushed to the front of the big tree that I had burned down. The fire in front of me was very strong, and the humanoid monster was following me at an incredible speed. My feet could no longer support me, so I sat down on the ground and raised my knife to fight.

At the moment it rushed for my face, the ground in front of me suddenly collapsed, and the thing fell straight down, making a hard landing.

Yes, I had dug a trap here.

I turned around and gave the tree behind me a hard kick. A huge burning branch broke off and crashed into the trap. I heard the piercing screams coming from inside and could smell the stench of burning flesh start permeating the air.

Even though my own method was still quite useful, I darkly scolded myself for still being a little unconfident. In order to be entirely certain of victory, I had made a trap here. I didn't have to dig the trap out, because the gravel and soil under the tree were very soft. I found a pit, moved the rocks by hand, dug the soil, built a kind of rampart around the pit, and filled the whole area with straw and rocks so it was as high as the pit opening. Then, I sawed the tree branches loose.

To be on the safe side, I placed all these rocks at the pit opening one by one, so that as long as one key stone was knocked off, the whole structure would collapse.

Those engaged in architecture could do these kinds of tricky mechanics.

The humanoid monster screamed and rushed out of the trap, and since the trap wasn't deep, it managed to get half its body out in an instant. But I kicked the key stone, and the whole rampart I had built collapsed inward, with the trap at its center. The thing immediately stopped moving.

I looked at my feet, but the sight was too tragic. I cut off my blood soaked pants legs and hastily dealt with the wounds before standing up and looking at the trap.

It was full of rocks, and all I could see was one of that thing's paws still on fire. But it was no longer moving

I couldn't help myself. I was more suited to coming up with perverted strategies, not direct PK [1].

I spat on the ground and lit a cigarette. Suddenly, the rocks moved, and a small object with a human face shot out of the pile of rocks and rolled onto my back. The body of this thing was extremely long, and it wrapped around my neck in an instant. 

****************************************

Note:

[1] PK= player killing. Gaming term.