Chapter 138: My Plan

Black Glasses was especially serious, which was a show of respect for Su Wan's words. Su Wan listened silently, and then thought for a long time before saying, "In fact, I still have one concern. Not just you—we've already discussed this— but what will happen to Liang Wan? She's just a woman. Do you have something prepared for her, too?"

Black Glasses nodded: "I believe that the person who entrusted me with all this will never be careless with girls."

Su Wan scratched his head and said, "Well, I guess I'll have to use another extreme method." He grabbed a handful of bug shells and asked, "Is the serum still effective?"

"It should be."

Su Wan gathered all the shells of the insects they had eaten. "First, I need more things to attract these insects. Second, I'll stick all these shells to you. "

"What are you planning?"

"I'm going to lead these bugs above-ground, to Yang Hao's entrance that's surrounded by all those people. As long as these bugs are led to the vicinity, they'll definitely go out and attack them. When the time comes they'll see..." Su Wan acted as if his whole body was covered in bugs, which was very realistic "your body covered in the shells of these bugs. But your acting skills are better, so when you go out at that time, act just like that. There will be chaos, and I believe you can easily get away."

"You don't have the serum. How do you plan on getting out of the bug pile?"

"Getting me out isn't part of the plan." Su Wan replied. "Didn't you say that people should learn to be responsible for others? If what you said comes from the heart, then you should be able to accept my plan. I'll stay here and wait for either you or your help to come back and save me."

Black Glasses looked at Su Wan and started to understand where Wu Xie's confidence came from.

Maybe these huge schemes were meaningless in the face of these kids' way of thinking.

Indeed, none of these children were controllable.

"This is the most practical and efficient method I can think of. We've already verified that this stone tunnel is safe, so I'll obediently stay here. If you're a reliable person, the chances of you coming back here to save me are very high." Su Wan said.

"It may take me a long time to come back. What are you going to do during this time?"

Su Wan raised what appeared to be a textbook: "Teacher Wang Houxiong will give me strength." (Note: Wang Houxiong is a well-known textbook editor, and almost every senior high school student has a copy of the workbook.)

Black Glasses nodded. He was very worried about whether Su Wan could bear everything here after the plan was put in motion, but he decided to believe the kid.

"You should give me a compliment or something. It wasn't easy for me to make such a decision." Su Wan said.

"People like you don't need praise." Black Glasses retorted. "I don't have that much rotten meat on me, though, so where should the bait come from?"

Su Wan took something tightly wrapped in plastic wrap out from his bag. It was green in color, and Black Glasses' didn't know what it was. "This is the body of a snake that bit me in Beijing. I soaked it in formaldehyde, because the snake venom healed so quickly that I was afraid of side effects. But the formaldehyde seems useless, because this thing started to rot."

Black Glasses took it and smelled it: "I thought it was the smell from us not bathing. Since you had this thing, why didn't you take it out when I dug out my own flesh?"

Su Wan smiled awkwardly, scratched his head, and said, "I have so much stuff with me, I forgot I brought it."

Black Glasses also smiled, "You, kid, are quite interesting. Come on, eat this snake and I'll forgive you."

*

The picture of the dragon box stayed up on the projector, and the middle-aged man deliberately made Li Cu stare at it for quite a long time.

Li Cu couldn't see anything strange about it. Compared with the previous pictures, the pattern on this box was simpler.

There were two kinds of teachers: one wanted students to answer their own questions so that they could feel a sense of accomplishment; the other wanted students to be unable to answer questions so that they could explain and feel a sense of accomplishment. There was no doubt that this middle-aged person was the latter.

"Don't worry about the box's appearance. Think about some of the information hidden in this picture." The middle-aged man gave a hint.

Li Cu had seen a movie which mentioned the reversal thinking technique. Most of the time, the key was what should be in the picture instead of what was actually in it.

He looked at the box. Was it like this? Was there anything missing in the picture of the box?

"No lock." Li Cu said, "The box isn't locked."

The middle-aged man nodded and said, "It's a bit insightful, but wrong."

Li Cu touched his chin and told himself that surrendering early meant he would know the truth earlier. This was a history lesson, so shouldn't he just memorize the data? He shook his head and said he didn't know.

The middle-aged man took out a box from under the projector cabinet, and handed it to him. Li Cu saw that it was actually the dragon stone box. "Maybe you can see things more clearly when you see the real thing."

Li Cu was very surprised that this thing— which sounded so amazing— was actually carried around by this middle-aged man, and could even be directly used as a teaching material.

He was very careful when he took it, fearing that it would be damaged if his hand slipped.

The middle-aged man said, "You don't have to be so careful. This thing isn't of great value in itself. The box's history is hidden, and there's no public evidence to prove its age, so it's an ordinary box. At present, auctions and antique trading are all based on certificates. It doesn't matter whether the thing is actually old or not, or how much history it carries. It's quite ironic. Antiques have become the same thing as paper money. The certificate has the real face value. You can exchange a few pieces of paper for real gold. Besides, this is a replica."

"But—"

"I haven't gotten to the main point yet. Compared with what I'll talk about later, the things I'm talking about now are child's play." The middle-aged said. "Answer me quickly. You don't want me to drag out the lesson."

Li Cu looked at the box carefully. He wanted to open it, but found that it seemed very difficult to do so. He then shook it and put it by his ear to listen, and heard a noise inside. He stopped, but the noise kept going. It seemed like there was some living creature inside.

Was King Mu's trump card a living thing? He made a gesture asking if he could open it.

"If you were feeling better, I'd teach you how to open it. But I'd rather not now, our time is too tight." The middle-aged man continued, "I'll give you another hint. Look and see if there are some numbers on the box's pattern."