Chapter 126: Memories

Li Cu couldn't help but think of the man in white, and the things they had experienced together when he was captured by the white snake and in that hazy conscious state.

The white man had been persuading them to enter a cave, and judging from the traces nearby, it must have been somewhere in this underground desert complex, where there were a large number of hydra cypress vines and a semi-enclosed cave.

They did actually enter the cave, and saw a lot of gold.

If Wu Xie and Black Glasses' theory was correct, then the experience he saw must have also been someone's real experience under the sand sea.

All kinds of things had happened along the way, but he couldn't tell which of them had been arranged by Wu Xie, and which were just mere coincidences. The only thing he was sure of was that this one incident in particular had been arranged.

It was obvious that there was more than one way in and out of this area under the desert, but the one Wu Xie pointed out to them wasn't the safest direct route. He must have known that the white snake was inside, and deliberately led them into the huge reservoir room.

What happened in the room was very dangerous. Wu Xie told them to try to survive for three days, yet they spent most of the first day in there.

From that point on, Wu Xie didn't say anything alarming. His words might not have been credible, but he didn't make meaningless exaggerations. In other words, even Wu Xie wasn't a hundred percent certain that they would survive those three days.

Li Cu was afraid the reason why Black Glasses had been following them like a shadow was to increase the insurance factor, but even he could only do so much.

It was really very difficult for one person to protect so many people, not to mention the fact that Li Cu did something so stupid—detonating the C4.

Moreover, Li Cu had already heard from Black Glasses' own mouth that Wu Xie could no longer read the pheromones, which made him wonder if he was the only one who had read the white snake's pheromones so far.

If Wu Xie had deliberately arranged for him to read the snake's "pheromones", it proved several points: first, Wu Xie knew that the content of the snake's "pheromones" was valuable; second, its value was useful for either one of their plans.

This was the most bizarre part of his experience under the desert. Wu Xie didn't explain everything in detail, but his plan contained one statement that kept repeating in Li Cu's mind.

"Follow fate. If you often find yourself forced into a corner, then the only seemingly possible clue that should appear in your mind must come from me."

Li Cu wasn't very convinced, but now he had to give it a try.

"Have you ever thought that maybe the most valuable thing isn't gold?" Li Cu asked.

There were two ways to interpret this sentence, either of which would deeply move this bearded guy. If what he was talking about wasn't gold, then this sentence could be understood as: "The things under the desert are more valuable than gold. It's really amazing." If it was gold, then other party would think that there was something more valuable down there than the gold that was already buried.

Sure enough, the bearded man's facial expression changed: "Is there something more valuable down there?"

Bingo......

Li Cu took a deep breath. Sure enough, Wu Xie was right.

"Yes." Li Cu began to describe the hole.

His memory had been impacted by the real scene at that time, so everything was still very fresh. He could describe the cave full of gold, the appearance of a large pile of gold, and the detailed shapes of the utensils and the gems mixed in.

As he kept talking, Li Cu felt as if a golden light was radiating from his mouth, and the tent around him began to be plated with gold.

The bearded man was stunned, and halfway through the story, he suddenly looked at all the people around him, and his face changed.

He let them stay and didn't drive them out of the tent, but Li Cu never saw those people again.

The worst case scenario was that the story these people heard was too vivid, so they were silenced in order to avoid it reaching more people.

After Li Cu finished telling the story, he told them all the details about the entrance of the cave, the general appearance of the room, and his analysis of it.

The whole underground building was divided into three parts: the extended sand control system, the area in the middle that was formed by a large number of strange tunnels, and the stone "tomb" at the epicenter.

Although it was always referred to as a tomb, Li Cu's experience told him that it was actually a "snake mine". The sand control system and tunnels were all built of cement, but the snake mine in the middle was formed from natural rock, which meant that from the start, there was a huge mountain-like black rock under the desert.

There were a large number of "snake nests" enclosed inside the giant black rock deep in the desert, and the snakes were distributed in the core along the veins. Someone discovered the secret, found this huge rock, and began digging holes.

A large amount of the stone produced during the excavation of the snake mine was used to build this complex's drainage system. Common sense dictated that this system wasn't needed in the desert, but not only was it built here, it also seemed to be quite large in scale. It was likely that there were regular, heavy rains in the desert here.

One rainstorm was enough to be fatal for an area suffering from long-term drought. Not only desert buildings, but some of China's biggest cities also couldn't withstand torrential rain. This showed that sudden, atypical climates were terrible, even if they merely happened by chance.

As a result, the drainage system ended up being a wise decision, and the black stone was used to withstand the rainwater's acidity, since the cement would be corroded too much.

The snake cypress root he had seen was probably in the upper center part of the drainage system, which meant it had to be that huge tree occupying that space he had been in earlier. Generally, it would take thousands of years for this kind of tree to grow like this; in other words, the tree should have grown out of a hole in the rock, and then started to mix with the buildings here after the factory started.

The tree had three main branches that looked just like three giant hands extending towards the haizi. Most of the vines were concentrated in this area, bypassing and surrounding the haizi. There were also a large number extending off in other directions, but there weren't as many.

Li Cu actually didn't know where the gold cave he had seen when he was unconscious was, but he could deduce that the stone at the mouth of the cave— and the fact that it was a cave— was also in the huge black rock.

Therefore, this bearded man's first step was to enter the core area. In order to do that, there was a very simple tunnel he would have to take. It was located somewhere in the bearded man's camp, and was characterized by the smell of urine and BBQ.