Chapter 79: Danger

The desert is not safe, stay there, keep quiet, we will save you ASAP. 

The saxophone's sound was really like a human voice, but it was still far from being clear and understandable.

Li Cu pinched his eyebrows, thinking that subtitles might make it easier to understand. Su Wan was still caught up in playing, and blew more than a dozen notes as the strange sound spread far into the desert. Yang Hao's English was so poor that he couldn't judge whether Su Wan's message could be understood. He looked at Liang Wan through the binoculars and said: "There's a reaction, there's a reaction. She looked at us. "

Li Cu buried his face in his hands, sighed, and prepared to get up and throw Su Wan's saxophone away. Just then, Yang Hao let out a cry and rolled down the sand dune.

"What's going on?" Li Cu hurried over and saw that it was almost completely dark now. In the white desert sand illuminated by the moonlight, large ripples were surging up one after another.

In the dim moonlight, he could vaguely see some vine-like tentacles revealed in the sandy ripples from time to time.

Su Wan was still obliviously caught up in playing, and the vines moved regularly with the sound coming from the saxophone.

Most people wouldn't think the scene looked like the Indian snake charmer's method of teasing snakes at all. In fact, they were completely different things, because the whole desert actually looked like waves. Li Cu suddenly understood why the trucks had been buried in the sand again. Although it wasn't clear, Li Cu could observe the pattern of the vine's movements, and trace it back to the vicinity of one particular dune.

The saxophone really did resonate with the sand dunes, and as a result, the vines mistakenly believed that all of the sand dunes had moving creatures on them.

He grabbed Yang Hao's binoculars and looked at Liang Wan. She had collapsed and retreated half-way up a sand dune, but the place where she was standing, and the area around the campfire, were all covered in those sand waves.

"Stop playing!" Li Cu sent Su Wan flying into the sand with a kick.

The sound of the saxophone came to a screeching halt, and the whole desert quieted down almost instantly. The ripples in the sand immediately stilled, as if the whole sand sea had been frozen.

Li Cu looked through the binoculars again. Liang Wan obviously didn't know what had happened and looked at the movements under the sand in horror. She quieted down, looked around in bewilderment, and then suddenly rushed down the sand dune and ran for it.

She was the only source of sound above the calm sand sea, and the sandy surface immediately began to fluctuate behind her. The snake-like track surged underneath the sand and chased after her.

"Fuck!" Li Cu slapped himself in the face and quickly shouted at Su Wan: "Play! Play as loud as you can!"

Su Wan was suddenly entrusted with an important task, and didn't know what had happened. He immediately nodded, raised his hand, and began to play "Sending Sorrow". Of course, this kind of funeral music was better played with a suona [1], with its high-pitched, sad sound.

As Li Cu grabbed the submachine gun from Yang Hao and rushed out of the haizi's safe zone, he could hear Yang Hao yelling at Su Wan, "Can't you play something more auspicious?"

When Li Cu rushed among the sand dunes, Su Wan began to play the classic song "Coming Home", which he had played during class activities.

Among the circle of sand dunes surrounding the haizi, there was a relatively gentle sand field, which started to undulate widely about five or six hundred meters out. Because of Su Wan's saxophone, all of the vines were concentrated on the sand dunes, so Li Cu felt relatively safe in this gentle sand field.