Chapter 72: Huge Possibility

She slept for more than ten hours after she got home, knowing that she would have to be relatively passive in the future. All of the information and inferences were in her head, but right now, she could only use them to make up a story at best.

Her watch kept counting down as she waited anxiously for Xie Yuchen's orders, but there had been no phone call for four or five days.

While she was waiting, Li Cu and the others were going through everything in the warehouse. But she wasn't idle either, looking up all kinds of information. Despite finding nothing, she did learn a lot about bronze smelting.

She found that bronze was first developed from red copper smelting, and there were actually three different kinds of bronze in ancient China.

1. Tin bronze. The main components were copper and tin.

2. Lead bronze. The main components were copper and lead.

3. Copper, tin, and lead bronze. The main components were copper, tin, and lead.

The characteristics of bronze differed from place to place due to the different ore compositions.

Smelting bronze could be derived from the smelting of malachite. Ancient alchemists had detailed records on the medicinal properties of malachite, and at the time when it was used as medicine, a copper liquid was usually left after the smelting process. Liang Wan also read through various materials and saw information about Kunwu in the "Classic of Mountains and Seas", which stated that Kunwu was a copper mountain. The birthplace of bronze smelting was at the top of it. It was also said that King Mu carried a magic sword called Kunwu on his journey westward.

Basically, all of the data was intriguing and fun, but none of it was helpful to modern architecture, especially military buildings. There was only one kind of copper-aluminum alloy called aluminum bronze that had anti-corrosion properties in energy devices, but it was only called bronze and had little to do with actual bronze.

She also thought that bronze had an advantage since it was cheap. If there was a local bronze mine and the project needed a large amount of metal, then bronze smelting was a relatively convenient construction method.

Considering that it may take sixty to seventy years to complete construction, however, the issue of raw materials was less important.

On the morning of the fifth day, she couldn't bear it any longer. She called Xie Yuchen, but he didn't answer the phone.

She thought of Li Cu and wondered what had happened to the little devil. Xie Yuchen had said that he was very important, so she decided to call him, but no one answered either.

Men are so unreliable, and even brats are the same, she thought. But Li Cu had left his address when he had checked into the hospital, and Xie Yuchen didn't say she couldn't actively find him. Liang Wan wasn't a passive person, so she went to Li Cu's house and knocked on the door. But it was all in vain because Li Cu had slept at Su Wan's house during that time.

Liang Wan became anxious, feeling like she had been forgotten just like Wu Xiubo in "Before the Dawn". She kept calling those two people, but to no avail.

Eventually, she decided to go to Inner Mongolia.

There was another direction for her to move in, which was the desert Li Cu had mentioned before. She knew that these drawings were related to that desert, but such a large project had occurred in Inner Mongolia in the 1980s. There was no way something like this happened without leaving a trace. China's earliest and most mysterious drone research and development base— known as China's Area 51— was also in the Badan Jilin desert. She always felt like this wasn't a coincidence.