she takes care of you after you have surgery

"I've got you, baby. Take it easy and slow." Lisa mumbled as she helped you out of the wheelchair and into the passenger seat of the car. You winced as you tried to put one foot in front of the other. Too worn out and sore, you leaned against her as she helped you into the car and then closed the door.

She got into the driver's side, glancing over at you to find that you'd tilted the seat back a little to get somewhat comfortable and closed your eyes. She just kissed your head and then drove home.

Knowing just how terrible you felt, she wanted to make the walk into the house as easy and quick as possible for you. She unlocked the front door before she came back to the car. Finding that you were still asleep, she placed her hand on your thigh and ran her fingers along in soothing circles.

Your eyes opened, locking with her soft ones.

"I'm sorry to wake you, baby. We're home. Let's get you inside."

She took your hand and helped you out of the car. She closed the door then put her arm around you to help you inside the house.

The smell was so familiar, so comforting, compared to the smell of the hospital you've spent the last two days in. Things changed so fast. You woke up one morning feeling absolutely awful, worse than you've ever felt before. Lisa worries about you easily and convinced you to let her take you to the emergency room, where you found out you had appendicitis and had to be rushed in for surgery.

Although you're exhausted and can hardly move on your own, you're relieved to finally be back in the comfort of your own home.

"Okay, baby. Let's get you comfy on the sofa. We'll try to get up to bed later. I just want you to rest right now."

You couldn't argue, since you weren't feeling all that great and just wanted to lay down. You gently laid on the sofa, head against the pillows Lisa put down for you. Your sweats hung loose on your hips and her sweater on you to keep you warm and cozy. You looked so cute.

She instead brought the blanket at your feet over you. Your eyes had slipped shut, but soon opened when she brushed her fingers along your forehead.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly, to which you shook your head.

"I feel awful."

"I know you do, my love. I'm sorry."

You moved your hand from under the blanket to reach for her own. She gave your hand a squeeze when you held it in yours weakly.

"At least I feel better than I did two days ago. That was horrible."

"That's good, baby. You're on the road to recovery now. You just gotta take it easy for a couple of weeks. We'll try to get you to bed later but if you can't, we'll just sleep together here."

"Okay." You mumbled, cracking a small smile.

"Tell me what you need. Are you hungry? Thirsty? Are you sore? Do you need more medicine?"

"I'm okay. I just need one thing."

"What's that, baby girl?"

"For you to hold me."

She sighed, teeth sinking into her lip. She knew you were comfortable how you were and she didn't want to risk moving you and making you feel worse.

"Please? I was stuck in a hospital bed for two days without any cuddles! I went through a lot. I deserve some." You said, pouting.

She giggled and kicked off her shoes. She climbed behind you carefully and thankfully didn't hurt you in the process. She put her hand on your back and ran her fingers along your skin in circles. You hummed as she laid a few kisses along your neck.

"I've got you." She whispered softly. "I'll be here to take care of you until you feel better. I promise."

You nodded tiredly.

"Try to sleep."

"Okay. Love you, Lisa."

"I love you more. Have sweet dreams."

She watched you fall asleep and listened to you breathe for a moment before she dropped her head gently onto your own and let her eyes close before she drifted off to sleep with you.