hugs

"Y/N! I'm home!" Lisa yelled out as soon as she walked through the front door.

She didn't spot you on the couch so she assumed you were upstairs and you'd race downstairs at the sound of her voice. She's missed you and she's missed the comfort of your arms, so she was hopeful that's what she'd be greeted with.

But she realized after she kicked off her shoes and stood still for a moment just how quiet the house was. She peeked out the window, just to check again that your car was in the driveway like she thought she'd seen on her way inside.

"Honey?" She called out as she looked for you downstairs, but you were nowhere to be found.

She climbed the stairs and called your name twice more, but there was still no answer.

Until she got closer to the bedroom. She froze and a smile quickly appeared on her face when she heard you laughing.

Her heart was racing in her chest. The sound was joyful and right away, her worries slipped away.

Excited to see you, she quickly strode to your shared bedroom. The door was open so she could see you sitting on the bed with your phone in your lap.

She stood there for a moment; simply loving how happy you seemed.

Occasionally, your laugh would fade momentarily, but even then your smile remained. Your eyes were crinkled and she could see just how bright they were.

Her heart felt warm as it swelled in her chest; filling with love for only you. She basked in the happiness you felt as she began to feel it, too. But for a different reason. Hers just being because of you.

Tired of standing still and wanting nothing more than to hold you tight, she started to walk closer and closer to you.

"Hey, baby girl. I'm home!" She grinned as she sat on the bed beside you.

But you didn't answer. Instead, you stayed focused on the video playing on your phone, oblivious to the fact that your girlfriend was home and was needy for your love and attention.

"Y/N," She chuckled and went to lay her hand on your back when she noticed something.

The video wasn't playing for her to hear. You had a few strands of hair that had fallen out of your messy ponytail, covering your ears mostly. But she could see that you had put your earbuds in so you wouldn't be disturbed or lose your focus.

You started to laugh again and even though Lisa adored the sound, she was desperate for your attention.

"Baby," she said, voice a little louder than before, in hopes that you'd hear her.

But you didn't.

Lisa pulled out the earbud in your right ear, but you didn't seem to notice. The video continued to play and you seemed so immersed in it that nothing else seemed to exist.

But Lisa had an idea; a surefire way to get your attention.

"Okay. You leave me no choice, baby." She whispered before she threw herself onto you to give you a giant hug.

She buried her face in your neck and her smile only grew more when you laughed again and again, but this time because of her.

"Lisa!" You giggled and tried to pull out of her grip, but she didn't let go. She just hummed against the skin of your neck and breathed in your sweet smell.

"I missed you. You didn't even notice that I was home. You left me no choice, baby." She chuckled.

"Well, I'm not complaining."

You squirmed when she tickled your sides playfully and then melted into her arms when she peppered kisses across your neck.

"I missed you." You whispered as you began to brush your fingers through her hair.

She lifted her face from your neck and placed her forehead onto yours.

"Missed you too, my love."